+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens Park (a) 22nd Dec

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    We need 4 or 5 new players who will improve this team. Mostly forward positions. We need pace and creativity in this team pronto. Really really grim viewing that.
    We haven't had either for years, I'd say our chances are slim to f*ck all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    We haven't had either for years, I'd say our chances are slim to f*ck all.
    Good luck with 4-5 , 2 perhaps at best , if at least is a creative type that would do me , however , as ADS says we haven’t had that for years

I think we are stuck with this chump of a manager as I can't see Ogren forking out to sack him, and I see nothing but failure until he's gone. Another 4 year jolly beckons

Still think we will come good but thought tactics were all wrong last night.

They played a high line and we kept trying to play it over the top. Didn’t work so should have changed play.

Also played such a narrow game on a huge pitch. Middleton shld have been used on the left to stretch the game a bit or mcmann should have tried to get down the left. Kia should have started and did same on right. No idea what the plan was but it didn’t work.

Gallagher should have giving up on the switch too. Far to easy to read.

Four me QP had the new manager bounce and despite form were bound to get a result somewhere along the line. Bit like Villa (flying high) rescuing a point against the Blades last night.

The thorn in the side is Watt and he needs to be benched at least. Give Mochrie and Glass a run of games and take the risk, they are, love them or hate them and not without fault are the two most creative players we have and have plied their trade on loan in this league; therefore experientially they know the league. They have the ability to unlock defences as does Cudjoe and I think that unit will bring the midfield and forward line together. Just play Sibbald as the holding midfielder in front of defence, alternated with Docherty when fit, so I am afraid one of those has to drop out or when needing the dig, Glass, Mochrie or Cudjoe/Middleton drop out.

As for Watt long term, he WAS a good player but lost the application, example etc. about 6 months after we signed him. That is unforgivable in a professional of any kind. Easy money and not a thing we can do financially about it; bar possibly a loan deal elsewhere but away from the club.

Another controversial point; Grimshaw is he really any better than Freeman, who was playing well but form has dipped significantly, he perhaps needs another run.

As said there is always the risk, but better to have tried and died, than not try at all. Clearly we are not trying hard enough to change and that also goes for the management, who need to have the flexibility of thought to change when needed.

As for buying more players, if the tactics are the same what is the point in sp**king money on supposedly better; we saw that was a waste with Watt, it also sends the wrong message to those that probably need a chance. I’m as probably impatient as the next fan, but unless you are going to buy a team as certain other clubs do, then you have to give it a season or so to gel, and yes I know we SHOULD be back up at first attempt.

Incidentally didn’t realise JG was an understudy to Ian Murray early in his managerial/coach career; possibly need to re-visit that period!

Credit to QP, who frustrated us all night and played what I can only describe as a scramble defence yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    Another controversial point; Grimshaw is he really any better than Freeman, who was playing well but form has dipped significantly, he perhaps needs another run.
    Defensively, maybe just. Offensively, nope. He's mince. Turns back more than Liam Smith. He's average at best for this league.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    i thought he was on at the time. They didnt show it again though.

That linesman was never giving us anything that was just on last night

We definitely need to beat Partick to lift the mood as there isn't a lot that's been done wrong this season and we don't need a fan meltdown at the games, yes we need to strengthen in Jan but otherwise an acceptable pts total, only lost once, very good goal difference and defence (2 goals conceded in 8 away games, 6 wins 2 draws), recently stuttered in attack

Raith are going to drop pts more regular, by all accounts fortunate to get the point against ten men (yes have read the Raith v Ayr match thread on p&b that's the consensus) Stanton went off injured which affected them a lot (so same as Docherty for us) and Chalmers gave them issues all night, they have less time between their match on Saturday and their new year derby than we do between Partick and Arbroath (as do Arbroath which favours us) as we play Friday

We will be within 3 pts at worst when we play our game in hand, keep the heads we will finish top

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Defensively, maybe just. Offensively, nope. He's mince. Turns back more than Liam Smith. He's average at best for this league.
    Grimshaw over Freeman every day of the week for me,he actually put in some decent crosses last night especially the one that Watt failed to react to and is miles the better defender in fact the goalie,our back 4 and Sibbald are exempt from any blame for the recent lapse imo but from an attacking sense we look lost and incapable of any creation at all from the midfield or the wingers.....in saying that on another night we win that game last night comfortably. Chances by Moult,Watt and Tilson and the Holt and Cudjoe headers and the Middleton bad touch when through on goal and our goalie could have more or less sat in the stand with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Still think we will come good but thought tactics were all wrong last night.

They played a high line and we kept trying to play it over the top. Didn’t work so should have changed play.

Also played such a narrow game on a huge pitch. Middleton shld have been used on the left to stretch the game a bit or mcmann should have tried to get down the left. Kia should have started and did same on right. No idea what the plan was but it didn’t work.

Gallagher should have giving up on the switch too. Far too easy to read.
    Because we didn’t have 1 player with the intelligence to bend his run or any creativity to find even a half decent pass , frustrating not the word

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)