+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Season so far

This time last year in the championship the top team had 44 points, second team had 41 , third team 36….Ipswich and Leicester have both been outstanding and exceptional, we have probably done well to be where we are, unfortunately I believe Southampton have a more likely chance of catching Ipswich than we do, I believe they will, Leicester are far to good to be caught, play offs for us I’m afraid, alongside Ipswich, West Brom, Sunderland and any other from 6.

I watched the Southampton v Blackburn game on delay. They do look very good, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    I watched the Southampton v Blackburn game on delay. They do look very good, unfortunately.
    Southampton don't score as much as us though. So its going to be interesting.
    For me the only real disappointment that we can feel badly about was the last minute penalty against Birmingham and the penalty miss by Bamford against Stoke. So I think we should be on 47-49 points. I think that's fair.

All makes sense CB - think we have been hard done by with a few refs and some very strange decisions not least not giving pens.

Ref yesterday was v good though.

Best home record in the league as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior_ View Post
    A bench requires game changers not like for like when the energy levels sap if we are to be serious top 2 promotion candidates.
    Early Jan requires experienced midfield creativity to slot in straight away as an interim signing for starters as we have no such player on our books presently - a player with wider vision passing wise and able to strike a dead ball from a corner or free kick ideally.
    Danger of becoming a one trick pony tactic wise as teams now stop our wide players getting the ball to narrow our play zones leaving our current midfield clueless creativity wise - IMO

Seriously did our bench names worry Robins when he saw their names ?

MOT
    Jeez - Farkes got nothing in his squad deck of cards to use.
    Either the club backs him now or the seasons finished.
    Some good motivators out of jobs and this one maybe the best bet if our USA friends bottle the kitty on Farke.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Southampton don't score as much as us though. So its going to be interesting.
    For me the only real disappointment that we can feel badly about was the last minute penalty against Birmingham and the penalty miss by Bamford against Stoke. So I think we should be on 47-49 points. I think that's fair.
    Not sure where you get your stats, or over what period, but during December, Leeds scored 11 goals, Southampton 16, and over that same period Southampton have won 4, drawn 1, whilst we have won 1, drawn 1 and lost 3. I know which record I'd prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior_ View Post
    Jeez - Farkes got nothing in his squad deck of cards to use.
    Either the club backs him now or the seasons finished.
    Some good motivators out of jobs and this one maybe the best bet if our USA friends bottle the kitty on Farke.

MOT
    After tonights sh1t show, it wouldn't be hard to find someone who can make a better fist of it than Herr Farke, and Mr Cooper wouldn't be a bad call.

My thoughts on the season so far?

Its the hope that kills you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    My thoughts on the season so far?

Its the hope that kills you.
    Better to bury any hope deep, very deep. Better still kill it stone dead, after all we have suffered that's not really that hard. If that can be done, any faint glimmer of success can be taken as an unqualified positive, albeit a small one, rather than being regarded as yet another false dawn relating to the "sleeping giant" once more awakening. Been there, seen it (several times), got the t-shirt and the baseball cap.

Any less frustrated? No.

Season so far now.

3 wheels off the wagon.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)