+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most unreliable car you have ever had

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Triumph TR7, head gasket went, sorted that then the bottom end locked up on the M5.
    One of my lights went on mine so only one popped up. Looked like the car was winking! Good bird puller though.

That’s easy. Plastic pig. Trotter mobile. The chassis was absolutely rotten, it was more washing machine in the end, because we used it to weld up the badness. I remember wondering once how foggy it was when I realised the fog was inside due to the core plug in the engine blowing out. I used to plan my route depending on how many telephone boxes there were for when I broke down.
    I had lots of Mercedes’ over the years, and one of them had an intermittent cut out. Anywhere anytime, any place. Got it fixed eventually. You had to wait 30 mins until it would restart.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    One of my lights went on mine so only one popped up. Looked like the car was winking! Good bird puller though.
    Used to flash mates as you do when driving past, mine were so slow to pop up I was about half a mile up the road when they finally did 😂

Austin Princess 1800 HL, 1980
    Looked great, drove really well - when it did actually go, Crewed up timing belts.... ouch
    Not enough space to go into all of its faults.
    Massive loss, always chose German cars since other than the Toyota Camry for a while.

In the 70s, my dad needed a large estate car like a volvo or a cortina estate for various reasons but could not afford one, so he bought an East German car called a Wartburg. It was unbelievable how atrocious that car was. Every time we went on holiday the engine seized. After four years it was not worth scrap. So he bought another one and same story unfolded. Nice guy, my dad, but not a wise chooser of vehicles!

New Rover 820. Company car, bright red.
    From its delivery, this brand new car was a litany of issues. There was the ‘joke’ comment that maybe it was a Friday night car ?!
    Too boring to list the problems, but the major concern was its occasional refusal to start in the morning. Eventually the Service Manager took the car home with him, to witness the fault first hand. He phoned to me say he couldn’t start it and arranged a tow to get the vehicle to the garage. (Main Dealers) Unfortunately, he added that so far that had been unable to resolve the problem and they would keep it another 24 hours.
    Eventually all sorted…I couldn’t wait to change it. Great looking car, but………….

Quote Originally Posted by Calgarybaggy View Post
    In the 70s, my dad needed a large estate car like a volvo or a cortina estate for various reasons but could not afford one, so he bought an East German car called a Wartburg. It was unbelievable how atrocious that car was. Every time we went on holiday the engine seized. After four years it was not worth scrap. So he bought another one and same story unfolded. Nice guy, my dad, but not a wise chooser of vehicles!
    A neighbour of mine when we lived in Kidderminster bought a Wartburg for his wife (we all reckoned that he had just taken out life insurance on her) and it was unworthy of being called a car; it was a car shaped object. They hadn’t had it long before a very large rubber grommet split and rendered the car useless as no gears could be selected. Unbelievable that the gear linkage was aligned and held in place by the aforementioned large rubber grommet. It was months before a replacement grommet could be sourced. Wartburgs were, almost certainly, the worst ‘vehicle’ ever to infest our roads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)