+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Hahahh..

Dario was good manager and he gave lots of his life to this club. He achieved some great results. But when he said at a Fan's forum that this club would not exist without the academy. He was acting like the new boy starting school. This club is greater than any academy we have ever had...Stockport and Wrexham shows that even spells in the National League doesn't diminish the ambition to play higher. and they may even play a league higher than us next year. I hope we can join them...The academy as we have it will not succeed as its taking money away from the first team. Maybe someone else is paying for it and all the hiring of the faciities at RH...The Chaurman could tell us...
    Ffs, how do you think Wrexham and Stockport are doing so well?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Ffs, how do you think Wrexham and Stockport are doing so well?
    It doesn't matter who are bankrolling them. Lets have the same here then.

The reason I've said Dario got us tied up with the academy is that he was personally involved with the FA working group who came up with all the new EEEP rules and he expained to me that the cost of Cat2 was neutral to the club. If that is the case, maybe the Chairman will confirm that is still the case.

Some here don't know much about this club imo..

You don't play someone else's academy players in goal as they are too young and not experienced emough for rough professional football. I think that applies to most academy players too..How much does RH cost the club? Simple question?

Boring zzz

No point discussing if somebody doesn't listen.

Quote Originally Posted by OzMozz View Post
    No point discussing if somebody doesn't listen.
    All too many of us know that only too well ......

They get there as they are naturally gifted players who KNOW how to GK...We have GK's who need telling how to play via GK coaches who have never played in goal themselves. Its not for a professional league club to give kids a chance in goal to gain experience. They can do that in non league or on a Sat afternoon in local leagues. Is is contentious to say that our own on loan keeper hasn't a clue how to GK...based on what is seen in the highlights. I could be wrong of course as could the fans who were booing on Sat.

It is completly rubbish to say we would have ceased to be a league club without the academy as almost all the clubs in L1 and L2 would not dream or pay for a Cat2 one. Are they all wrong and you are right? We have existed in the league for over 100 years and without any academy for most of that time. Is the history wrong and you are biased like many more that we need one to exist?

All clubs have academies now as schools almost stopped playing football and gave up their pitches years ago and so its a local gift to parents and that is all..
    Shows up your lack of knowledge Mike, Fred Barber our goalkeeping coach played well over 400 games as a professional.

Now that is verbal rubbish!

So you were going to the Alex 0ver 70 years ago...were you a baby then? .

Why has it taken you so long to post on here?

Relection was never on my lips ever and we did have some good teams and good players way before DG came along. We had good and bad sides before DG and after too..So how old are you? Did you ever see us beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the FA cup, something Dario never achieved...Now we get less than 3K at a cup match. Ah the good old days are gone forever!

I'm really pleased how you all missed me on here...

Have you noticed that we are still in the fourth division???????
    That is good that we are still in the 4th Tier as a lot of clubs are no longer league clubs

Let's get rid of the Academy and have nowhere to train. Sadly I found out we can't use the car park for training so that just leaves the Georges and the vagaries of the groundsman to contend with.

Would help if you told us who you played for?

Do you not read other mails. The academy is largely subsidised by the FA. Please give alternatives to your proposed finishing of the Academy.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast