+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    No, its not being antagonistic. My opinions obviously are well known on here. Most disagree which is fair enough. Its a public forum. Its not actually drivel but based on a long time playing and watching football and using common sense. I don't agree with us spending a million pounds on an academy. I don't agree with signing loan players, ever, I certainly don't agree with signing kids to play in goal where you have wordly wise players in the opposition. They don't have the mental strenth or physical strength to play in the professional leagues and yes you can quote some we have loaned but did they get us promoted or not? They are just hanging about waiting to get a game and we are giving them to them. They owe this club nothing and we are no doubt paying some or all of their wages. The whole purpose of providing that link on GK's was to show people that GK's are better when they are older and not younger. If that is all drivel. Write to them and tell them. It could be that these loan keepers are not suitable or good enough for professional football like we discard academy youngsters. Its clear that they are not good enough and so what is LB going to do about it? I will guess and say nothing..Our fans are clearly not impressed by booing and LB is an idiot for targettting our fans who actually pay good money to watch the games and are clearly entited to cheer or boo. LB sounds to me if he far too close to the players and not the fans. Just my opinion listening to him.

The opposition coaches will clearly tell his players to target the GK as they did on Saturday and that will make the GK feel worse than what he probably does now..

The Chairman runs the club with his BoD...The manager is just an add on to come and go as the Chairman wants..LB is just an employee..
    Er, how do you think the best keepers get to be the best? They get there by gaining experience at a young age and at a lower level. I am going to wave the red rag at the bull and say without the Academy we would have gone under a long time ago!

Interesting that not one person has mentioned the keeper's contribution to Nev's goal!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Er, how do you think the best keepers get to be the best? They get there by gaining experience at a young age and at a lower level. I am going to wave the red rag at the bull and say without the Academy we would have gone under a long time ago!
    They get there as they are naturally gifted players who KNOW how to GK...We have GK's who need telling how to play via GK coaches who have never played in goal themselves. Its not for a professional league club to give kids a chance in goal to gain experience. They can do that in non league or on a Sat afternoon in local leagues. Is is contentious to say that our own on loan keeper hasn't a clue how to GK...based on what is seen in the highlights. I could be wrong of course as could the fans who were booing on Sat.

It is completly rubbish to say we would have ceased to be a league club without the academy as almost all the clubs in L1 and L2 would not dream or pay for a Cat2 one. Are they all wrong and you are right? We have existed in the league for over 100 years and without any academy for most of that time. Is the history wrong and you are biased like many more that we need one to exist?

All clubs have academies now as schools almost stopped playing football and gave up their pitches years ago and so its a local gift to parents and that is all..

So we keep losing points with on loan keepers...What happens next?

I despair Mike, we sit fifth in the league we have fantastic young manager with fans 100% behind him. You disappear for many months then you reappear when there is a slight wobble. Your anti academy stance is so boring. No doubt we will have to suffer your presence until we go on another good run.
    By the way I have been going to the Alex since 1953 and can vouch that most of you comments about the past are mostly tosh. Re election was the word on most fans lips in the early days. It wasn’t until Dario turned up with his revolutionary ideas which included an academy did we ever look like a side.

[QUOTE=CroutonRouge;40410307]I despair Mike, we sit fifth in the league we have fantastic young manager with fans 100% behind him. You disappear for many months then you reappear when there is a slight wobble. Your anti academy stance is so boring. No doubt we will have to suffer your presence until we go on another good run.
    By the way I have been going to the Alex since 1953 and can vouch that most of you comments about the past are mostly tosh. Re election was the word on most fans lips in the early days. It wasn’t until Dario turned up with his revolutionary ideas which included an academy did we ever look like a side.
    .[/QUOTE

This!!

Quote Originally Posted by CroutonRouge View Post
    I despair Mike, we sit fifth in the league we have fantastic young manager with fans 100% behind him. You disappear for many months then you reappear when there is a slight wobble. Your anti academy stance is so boring. No doubt we will have to suffer your presence until we go on another good run.

Now that is verbal rubbish!

So you were going to the Alex 0ver 70 years ago...were you a baby then? .

Why has it taken you so long to post on here?

Relection was never on my lips ever and we did have some good teams and good players way before DG came along. We had good and bad sides before DG and after too..So how old are you? Did you ever see us beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the FA cup, something Dario never achieved...Now we get less than 3K at a cup match. Ah the good old days are gone forever!

I'm really pleased how you all missed me on here...

Have you noticed that we are still in the fourth division???????
    Last edited by MikeSB; 18-12-2023 at 04:16 PM.

Hungary 6 England 3 and Hungary 7 England 1.
    The former team were significantly coached and the latter team weren't.
    I've pointed this out a number of times so why have I bothered?
    Your album must be top of the charts, it's been played so often!

Quote Originally Posted by duschko View Post
    Interesting that not one person has mentioned the keeper's contribution to Nev's goal!
    Good shout, that was some kick wasn't it ...

Long-ball master-class, clearance/flick-on/shoot !

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Hungary 6 England 3 and Hungary 7 England 1.
    The former team were significantly coached and the latter team weren't.
    I've pointed this out a number of times so why have I bothered?
    Your album must be top of the charts, it's been played so often!
    I thought you were some kind of intelligent person?

I look at the facts..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungar...FIFA_World_Cup

Now YOU please tell me how Hungary have fared with coaching over the last 50 years?

We did win the World Cup in 1966 when coaching and academies were unheard of and there were thousands of ex players who needed a job after football...So lets invent the best job creation ever..Academies..

Look at who is in the PL now that we used to play regularly and mostly beat them..

Now look at where we are ie the Fourth Division, with arguably 20m pounds being spent mostly on the academy and still is and YOU please tell me if that is value for money and more important, whether games are more enjoyable to watch back then and nowadays with great pitches and ultra fitness players...\

Now go and read some stuff about the great players of the past and how they got to play for the league clubs and international matches....IF you did, you and other blank minded chaps on here would realize how you have been taken in by academy coaching where we have half a dozen coaches at games and yet we have to bring in other clubs academy players to make the numbers up...

Get rid of the coaches and pay their wages to better players who will sign for the club as they used to..
    Last edited by MikeSB; 18-12-2023 at 05:32 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast