+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: January

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    I never saw a Dyche side fold like this lot do. The likes of Trafford, O"Shea, Beyer and Vitiniho would have been no where near a Dyche starting 11, none of them are nowhere near good enough, they simply can't defend a simple set piece
    Tbf with the exception of Tarky Dyche didn’t sign Mee - trips - Ings - vokes - Austin

Beyer is a talented lad much better footballer than Mee or Tarky - perhaps not better defender as of yet but talent wise I’d say he is.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Tbf with the exception of Tarky Dyche didn’t sign Mee - trips - Ings - vokes - Austin

Beyer is a talented lad much better footballer than Mee or Tarky - perhaps not better defender as of yet but talent wise I’d say he is.
    I can't agree with you on Tarky and Beyer army. Not only is Tarko a better defender, he's a better footballer as well. The only better English footballing centre-half is John Stones.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I can't agree with you on Tarky and Beyer army. Not only is Tarko a better defender, he's a better footballer as well. The only better English footballing centre-half is John Stones.
    You forgot about blockhead Sinkov.Ask Gareth, he is much better than Tarks.

Fair does Sinkov - Tarky imo anyway is a good solid centre back but doesn’t have the potential or talent Beyer has.
    Tarky is nearly 32 and Beyer 23 a lot of football / progress / experience happens in those years - I think Beyer has a big future in the game he’s two footed carries the ball and picks a pass - he’s weaker in the air though.

Tarky is vastly under-rated as a footballer imo, just because he's a big strong lad doesn't mean he can't play football, he can, with the best of them. An incredibly talented footballer, he'd have no problem playing midfield, in fact I've seen him do it for Burnley, in his first season, looked like he'd played there all his life.

To be honest, I've never thought of comparing Beyer to Tarky, he might get up to his level one day, but at the moment he's nowhere near. Just my opinion army, you're entitled to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    You forgot about blockhead Sinkov.Ask Gareth, he is much better than Tarks.
    Just one of the numerous reasons CiB, why Gareth makes me laugh, for a football manager he's a good comedian.

All this talk of last season...
    Vk rolled a good dice and got City/Chelsea/Southampton quality players on loan, the players we loaned are European cup standard players, wanting a season with VK who offered first team games.
    VK didn't bloody create them. Maatson is being linked to Dortmund..
    Well done to VK for having first season pull, and city links.

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    Vk rolled a good dice and got City/Chelsea/Southampton quality players on loan, the players we loaned are European cup standard players, wanting a season with VK who offered first team games.
    You still have to build a team and make it work - Utd have spent 1-7 billion from the elite pool and won nothing.

Credit where it’s due - building a team and momentum isn’t a fluke

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    Those loan players are the root cause of the current problem, and we had to sign those because of the fire sale of players instigated by Mr Pace and ALK. We would have had to spend £60-£80 million in summer to sign them, £60-£80 million just to stand still, and that was never going to be an option, so instead of standing still, we've gone backwards. But this is a result of the financial straitjacket Mr Pace has put us in, nothing to do with the manager.

Those loan players are the root cause of the current problem, and we had to sign those because of the fire sale of players instigated by Mr Pace and ALK. We would have had to spend £60-£80 million in summer to sign them, £60-£80 million just to stand still, and that was never going to be an option, so instead of standing still, we've gone backwards. But this is a result of the financial straitjacket Mr Pace has put us in, nothing to do with the manager.
    We have all watched Alan Pace sanction over £100 million spends on mid-summer acquisitions. The money was there, why spend £9 million on O'Shea when we could have had THB for £15 million?

I know you dislike ALK but the money Pace has put on the table hardly justifies your statement about a "financial straitjacket Mr Pace has put us in". Remember when we went totally mad and bought Dale Stephens for a million quid?

I do not have a clue about who is actually choosing the players but it sounds a lot like if Kompany wants, Kompany gets.

I remember him and Bellamy being in Belgium to watch Foster, next day we had spunked £10 million and a player suffering with mental health issues was in Gawthorpe.

I also recall both you and me being horrified at the Dyche/Garlick recruitment policy. Those two make this lot like absolute amateurs.

Perhaps Mike Rigg was not that bad after all?

Attachment 25430

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)