+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by WhenTattieFlooredChas View Post
    Well I suppose we can't criticise your commitment to the cause
    He done the same thing with McInnes,Glass and Goodwin.

He’s never going to be happy with whoever is in charge.

Robson needs to abandon tthe back 5 and go with the 4-3-3 as most fas have been saying now for months as the attacking dnyamic of the team is far more fluid and you can actually play football as apposed to the 5 at the back hoof to the strikers formation , DUK on the left hand side where lets be honest he has always played his best football for us and i woudl suggest at the moment Morris on the other side as the club have a dearth of natural widemen

If you can't defend with 4 players well enough then the defenders are not good enough, you cannot just unbalance he whole side by squeeing in an additional centre back to cmpensate for a weakness in there

A none too convincing win last night but we'll take it. Anderson had a great chance to level at 2-2. We need to up our game at Dens on Saturday though. Where on earth would we be without Bojan though? 2 superbly taken goals last night. Very poor crowd last night. Someone said it was given as 13 thousand seven hundred and something. Must have counted every season ticket holder in that lol. Heard Martindale interview on the way down the road last night. Very honest and accurate assessment of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    A none too convincing win last night but we'll take it. Anderson had a great chance to level at 2-2. We need to up our game at Dens on Saturday though. Where on earth would we be without Bojan though? 2 superbly taken goals last night. Very poor crowd last night. Someone said it was given as 13 thousand seven hundred and something. Must have counted every season ticket holder in that lol. Heard Martindale interview on the way down the road last night. Very honest and accurate assessment of the match.
    I'd forgotten about the Anderson chance last night.

You are right about the crowd, it was nothing near 13k and the atmosphere was flat too. The Red Shed do a great job, but even they couldn't help last night. I was just grateful that we went in level at the break, as you could feel the tension rising at 1-0 down and was even more happier to get that second and see it out.

Martindale gets a bad press due to his criminal background and the way he speaks, but I don't actually mind him but I am not suggesting for one minute he replaces baz.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Just back from the game and although not the best of performances a wins a win.

As others have said the lad McGarry looks awful,he doesn’t even look like he knows how to play football.How sh1t is the Australian league if he looked good to whoever recommended him?

That cross from Devlin for the equaliser was the first decent cross he has made in months.Not going to be a popular opinion but you can see why he’s spent most of his career at Ayr united and Livingston.

Clarkson is really struggling this season, a lot of people are saying he’s playing too deep but it’s irrelevant where we play him if he can’t pass the ball to a teammate.Seems too small and gets brushed off the ball too easily.

Duk seems to be getting back to his best though and we played a lot better with him and Morris on the wings.
    Bar Miovski and his goals, Devlin has been my player of the season so far. A guy that appreciates he is playing for a decent club at a decent level and gives nothing but 100%. His consistency is superb. I'd have a few more like him in our team in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Bar Miovski and his goals, Devlin has been my player of the season so far. A guy that appreciates he is playing for a decent club at a decent level and gives nothing but 100%. His consistency is superb. I'd have a few more like him in our team in a heartbeat.
    What’s he been consistently superb at?

His crosses are genuinely woeful more often than not.

He’s been ok defensively but he’s not any better or worse than the other defenders we have signed this summer apart from McGarry possibly.

I had high hopes for him when he signed but he seems to be another player who has played well against us in the past and we have signed him on that basis.

He’s been ok defensively but he’s not any better or worse than the other defenders we have signed this summer apart from McGarry possibly.

I had high hopes for him when he signed but he seems to be another player who has played well against us in the past and we have signed him on that basis.
    Wow !! Truly shocked by that viewpoint .?

Who put the cross in for Miovski`s headed goal ? He`s been laying on the chances all season ..........

Hate to pick up on something you've said....... However, you really can't be serious with your critique of Devlin surely??

With the amount of dross we've been served up this year you focus on him when I'd easily place him in the top 3 players this year.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Wow !! Truly shocked by that viewpoint .?

Who put the cross in for Miovski`s headed goal ? He`s been laying on the chances all season ..........
    Whoops. Apologies Rico. I hadn`t read your previous post on this . Now see you acknowledging Devlin for that cross for goal.

However,...... I won`t go back to every game played to list them, but he`s been getting this setting up crossed into the box all season ?

Two wxampleswithout thinking hard, Did he not lay it on for Polvaro in Frankfurt.

And mind he went and scored in Sweden too ?

My addled with age & booze memory seems to think he`s been doing this every game this season ?

Maybe not, you might be right. But it`s not what I remember !!

I've found that even when Devlin starts off slowly to a game or makes an error, he more often than not, turns it round and ends up having a decent game on the whole.

Strange hill to die on Rico min.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast