+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Way Forward

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Main thing is a lack of experience in defence. For all that you say above Nudge an experienced centre half would give the new recruits the guidance they need.
    Yes indeed Arbs and if we did a poll with every BFC supporter all but one would agree.

Main thing is a lack of experience in defence. For all that you say above Nudge an experienced centre half would give the new recruits the guidance they need.
    Yes that’s right.
    The addition of better players will always be a welcome thing.
    But that doesn’t necessarily mean that Mael, McCart, Shepherd and Lopata are bad players.

The club bores me .

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Yes that’s right.
    But that doesn’t necessarily mean that Mael, McCart, Shepherd and Lopata are bad players.
    Time they stepped up and showed us what they have to offer then. So far there are more questions about those 4 than anyone else at the club

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Time they stepped up and showed us what they have to offer then. So far there are more questions about those 4 than anyone else at the club
    Other than goalkeeping - can anyone name any department on the field that’s looking good - because I can’t.
    Midfielders ?
    Wingbacks?
    Strikers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Yes that’s right.
    If you check back on my posts, I have not said that any of these players are bad players. However, they aren't good enough either at the moment. They need guidance on the pitch which requires an experienced defender on the pitch. If you check back, I've been making that comment since the beginning of the season. I'm not saying an experienced defender would solve all our problems but it would go a significant way to solving them in my opinion. And guess what, we've seen it have a similar effect on two previous occasions. I remember Kevin Long's (1st game?) Away at Oldham. The difference he made was there for all to see from the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Yes indeed Arbs and if we did a poll with every BFC supporter all but one would agree.
    True Poggs

If you check back on my posts, I have not said that any of these players are bad players. However, they aren't good enough either at the moment. They need guidance on the pitch which requires an experienced defender on the pitch. If you check back, I've been making that comment since the beginning of the season. I'm not saying an experienced defender would solve all our problems but it would go a significant way to solving them in my opinion. And guess what, we've seen it have a similar effect on two previous occasions. I remember Kevin Long's (1st game?) Away at Oldham. The difference he made was there for all to see from the first game.
    You are spot on Arba, we have lost 3 central defenders, one who is now playing in the premier league & the other two in the championship & these have been replaced by two players from non league , one from a semi pro French team & loan player from Rotherham with very little experience , now with the best will in the world these players may make a decent living out of the game & eventually progress but at the moment they have stepped up to the third division & currently they are struggling with this level & this is why the team are a shadow of last seasons , now you might say that suddenly over night a coach should wave a magic wand & turn these players into the finished article but in the real world that does not happen , however the real problem as we know it is that if these lads do eventually step up the suits at Oakwell will flog them in a breath & then rinse & repeat & eventually it will result in us going further down the pyramid .

’m not implying that you personally believe these players are poor.
    I didn’t say that.
    But there are quite a few posting on here that are saying exactly that.
    Which is something I find difficult to understand - especially when considering that over recent years we have had all these good players coming through the club - and then some believe that all of a sudden we have got a shed load of bad players.

That doesn’t add up for me.

In my view - supporters who think like that are totally looking in the wrong place.

I've asked this before recently Nudge but you ignored it. I'll try again.

Can you quote an actual post on here where somebody has said the new players are "poor".

Inexperienced, yes, need to develop yes, but "poor" no.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast