+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday thread: Derby v Lincoln

It's certainly vytal we don't lose. We need the players to show high levels of vytality and win 3-1.

Lincoln won't play the negative way Wycombe do (have we ever played well against them?) and that gives us more of a chance

It may ell be as turgid as last Saturday, but then this is League 1 and we ahve a team of players that if they were more consistent wouldn't be playing in this league!

Nothing is won or lost in December, so another draw wouldn't be an issue, but I think we will win 2-0 and start building that momentum that rA considers so important!

The only thin thats important is that we are in the top 6 come the end of the season, or preferably the top 2, can really do without the stress of the play offs and doubt rA's ticker would be able to stand it!

Anyway, take heart, the Trees have sacked their manager and are in a relegation battle, whereas I feared they would start to establish themselves as a prem team given the money thats been spent!! I se the A52 derby being played next year. Thats mystic swales new year prediction!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Anyway, take heart, the Trees have sacked their manager and are in a relegation battle, whereas I feared they would start to establish themselves as a prem team given the money thats been spent!! I se the A52 derby being played next year. Thats mystic swales new year prediction!!
    Would be nice but I think the current bottom 3 will keep the Huggers of Trees in the PL for another season

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    It may ell be as turgid as last Saturday, but then this is League 1 and we ahve a team of players that if they were more consistent wouldn't be playing in this league!

Nothing is won or lost in December, so another draw wouldn't be an issue, but I think we will win 2-0 and start building that momentum that rA considers so important!

The only thin thats important is that we are in the top 6 come the end of the season, or preferably the top 2, can really do without the stress of the play offs and doubt rA's ticker would be able to stand it!

So it’s just me who considers ‘momentum’ to be important is it? Don’t think so...it’s surely a crucial part of any promotion campaign.
    As for my ‘ticker’, thanks for the concern, but I actually don’t worry or get stressed about football. Of course, like most other Rams fans, I’ll get a tad tense when we’re hanging on grimly to a 1-0 lead for a vi*al 3 points but I save the real worry for things that genuinely matter.

Doubt Forest will go down even though it’s all their owner deserves imo. There are worse teams towards the bottom and Wolves fans still speak very highly of their ex manager. Suspect the current bottom three will be the ones to eventually go, but who cares...apart from the fact that they MIGHT be three teams we play again in ‘24/‘25?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 20-12-2023 at 01:24 PM.

Another injury time penalty to snatch away the lead. Hopefully not the same ref 😄

But no need to panic....3rd place - acrophobia will soon set in. Away at Oxford and Wigan will afford opportunities to avenge early season home defeats, let's be positive and enjoy Christmas quite well placed

Good result keeps the run going. Gd looking good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Away at Oxford and Wigan will afford opportunities to avenge early season home defeats, let's be positive and enjoy Christmas quite well placed
    Seconded!
    Better than expected given the performances against upcoming Oxford and Wigan back in August. Think third is about as good as it (briefly) got last season.
    Let’s hope we can build this time, both in terms of points and signings. A couple more with the attitude of Wilson and Nelson would help.
    Good second quarter of the season so far and probably PW’s best spell since his arrival.

Turgid stuff for the most part, good points include a very competent defence, starting to really like that group, my usual scapegoat Hourihane played well and saved his legs for the important bits, Wilson’s a revelation, great to see our useless centre forward get another goal. Bad bits, Fornah looked like he was playing in a kickabout on the beach, passes continue to be under hit/go amiss too much.

As I said, when rA was slashing his wrists back in September, I'm confident we will be at least top 6 come the end of the season , more than that is dependant upon circumstances that play out over the rest of the season, injuries etc.

Ward it seems should be instructed to stay out of or at least not tackle a player in the penalty area!!

All in all a good night

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)