+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window

January Transfer Window

Thought I would start a thread to see what peoples thoughts are on the upcoming window. I know that the owner may not spend a penny but hopefully we free up some wages to get at least a couple of players in.

IMO we need another striker, I have seen Simon Murrays name floating about. Personally, I don't think he is a great player but he might be exactly what we are needing at the moment. Knows the league, puts in a shift and can score goals.

I also think we need another midfielder that can chip in with some goals.

I think we need to gamble a little bit and try and bring in 1 or 2 that might do a job in the premier as well. We definitely can do with losing some if the players who haven't managed to make the step up...or in some cases..the step down!

For me I would be looking at the following.

Out
    Cudjoe
    Sadat
    On loan Central Defender
    Freeman
    Tilson

In
    Lewis Vaughan Raith Rovers.. Maybe need to wait until summer as he contracted until end of season
    Dylan Easton Raith Rovers. Not sure contract terms
    Callum Morrison at Falkirk.. Surely we will be looking at this player, really pacey, scores goals, skilful. Contracted until end of season.
    Ben McPherson Queens Park - Young winger/full back.. Comfortable on the ball and gets forward.

Quote Originally Posted by CurrieArab View Post
    For me I would be looking at the following.

Out
    Cudjoe
    Sadat
    On loan Central Defender
    Freeman
    Tilson

In
    Lewis Vaughan Raith Rovers.. Maybe need to wait until summer as he contracted until end of season
    Dylan Easton Raith Rovers. Not sure contract terms
    Callum Morrison at Falkirk.. Surely we will be looking at this player, really pacey, scores goals, skilful. Contracted until end of season.
    Ben McPherson Queens Park - Young winger/full back.. Comfortable on the ball and gets forward.
    Liked the look of Morrison seems to be doing the business and something we desperately need. Rumours of Simon Murray who i would take tbh, not sure if thats been mentioned anywhere else on the board today only read this thread.

An able replacement for Docherty. Who has mostly been great when he has played we most definetly miss when hes out.

Definitely need more attacking options though.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Thought I would start a thread to see what peoples thoughts are on the upcoming window. I know that the owner may not spend a penny but hopefully we free up some wages to get at least a couple of players in.

IMO we need another striker, I have seen Simon Murrays name floating about. Personally, I don't think he is a great player but he might be exactly what we are needing at the moment. Knows the league, puts in a shift and can score goals.

I think we need to gamble a little bit and try and bring in 1 or 2 that might do a job in the premier as well. We definitely can do with losing some if the players who haven't managed to make the step up...or in some cases..the step down!
    Not a big fan of Simon Murray either but his workrate has never been in question so maybe we can tempt R Coonty with a swap for Tony Watt. I'll drive him up there myself as long as he doesn't include me in one of his cringeworthy vlogs on the way there.

I doubt if they would let Murray go in the next window. You never know though. Luv the idea of a swap with TW..ATT. Money would be the issue obviously. (BIG mistake by us)

What about a whip-roond, 3 go-pros and the chauffeur Whitfield to fulfill the offer?

He's no exactly Clark or Ferguson (IMO obviously) but...seemingly he did...

I'm just waiting on the owner's reassuring words that there is no need to strengthen and even if we do fail to go up it will only be another one year jolly.How galling is it though that we continue to pay the wages of the Indian Crisp and the Vlogger and without them at least 4 maybe 5 players could be added to almost guarantee promotion.

The Crisp single-handedly relegated us last season and he could still help to keep us in oblivion for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post

I think the owner would be a bit hard neckit tae be keeping his money in his hipper considering the backing that the fans have given the team. While i am of the understanding that Gallachers arrival was on the proviso that someone had his hand on the exit door, then slipped off, us fans must have done enough to fill that deficit and maybe just enough to give JG a wee bit to play with.

Like others, im not sure that Simon Murray is the answer, but there are no doubts about his work rate and his knowledge of where the goal is. Dare i say that Nicky Clark fits the goal scoring requirements as well, but he is in the ever injured category just now. Would JG get more out of them than previous managers though?

For a midfielder with goals in them, i am minded to say that Sibbald and Mochrie can chip in, but then that is with Doc fully fit, so either a goal getter or a fit Doc replacement.

Mostly agree with Curriearab, but i think we have an obligation(cheers Tone!) to keep him signed until he has regained his fitness. Depending if we sign better, we might have to keep Tilson as cover, then i would be having a long had chat with Declan Glass about his future, and ensuring the clown is working hard on his next move. Would be nice if we got some funds through Cudjoe moving on, but sadly i think the Murray/Watt swap shop deal is bourne out of a 2 concurrent post elsewhere that has been made into a whisper!

I don’t agree we send Cudjoe away - he was fine earlier in the season and been decent as sub since

Kai had kept him out of team - fair enough

We need to change formation. The weakness in the 4-2-3-1 JG plays is the defensive midfield when Doc is injured and Watt at no 10.

Happy to try Si Murray as striker / number 10. My preference would be for him to play in a combo with Moult

Miller Thompson coming back from Montrose could also give an option

Courier talking football podcast were talking about wotherspoon - which would be very short term but might do a job

Also there are the Raith options of Vaughan, Easton or Stanton

Stanton? 😂

Should show a big club mentality and offer the Dees a minimal fee to take Tiffaney and Bryne off their hands both way out the picture and will add creativity and composure in the midfield and forward areas as well as hampering Raith bid.

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)