+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window

Im sure at this point every year since ive been here i come on and say the same thing. Usually the same thing doesnt happen and i am left to reminisce about the player who i was assured will really excite the fans.

The way i see things just now, i have a team in my mind that on their day can do whats needed for us, but should we suffer injuries in a couple of positions, then i do fear how that will affect us if a poor home type performance is added in.

Keepers, i dont think we could have asked for a better no1 this season and im sure Newman will be ok behind a better defence.

Right side of defence, Grimshaw and Gallacher are it, and while Graham has been improving, he is still a left footer on the right. Freeman is a shadow of what i think he can be with no other deputy?

Left side of defence is well covered with 3 players who have all played in either position.
    Midfield of Doc, Sibs n Spoons could probably step up nae bother, but replacements are a disappointing Tillson, a recovering Meekison and marmite Mochrie. Think Glass has been telt his teas oot, but i do wonder why we are loaning in a midfielder!

The misfiring front line! What am i greeting at! Eh! There are goals in Kai, Moult and Watt, ably assisted by Middleton. Grieve is exempt for now, but we also have Cudjoe who has provided goals. All of them though are not consistent enough, then add in rumours about attitude etc, then maybe the money could be spent elsewhere.

After all that, the clown out, 2 new right sided defenders in, and direct replacements for anyone along the front line who moves away.

Are we sure this lad fae Liverpool isn't going across the road?

Once the TW shuts we need to look at out-of-contract players if we need cover for positions. Get them over for trials and make judgments then, not before.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    Once the TW shuts we need to look at out-of-contract players if we need cover for positions. Get them over for trials and make judgments then, not before.
    Have we ever done that and has it worked? We need someone on the fringes of another 1st team who will take a week or 2 to get match fit, not someone who needs a weeks trial and another month to gain their fitness.

Any rumours other than the lad from Liverpool, who i dont think either team in the city needs.

A Jeremy Vine transfer rumour. Must be true.

Barry Robson is free!

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    A Jeremy Vine transfer rumour. Must be true.
    😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    Are we sure this lad fae Liverpool isn't going across the road?
    Seems to be a right back and not a midfielder, going across the road seemingly.

Mark Birighitti has turned down a move to Crewe Alexandra,*writes Scott Burns.

If the Daily Ranger is to be believed, then Poppadom has no intention of leaving before his contract is up. TBF, I can't blame him as he is on the best contract he is ever gonna get....and there is every chance his next move will be to Tesco or Asda to collect the trollies.

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)