+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cosgroves disallowed goal

Cosgroves disallowed goal

When you are at the match you only get one look in real time at any incident , when Cosgrove put the ball in the net I like everyone celebrated until the linesman eventually ruled it out , at the time I was puzzled as Jalo had pulled the ball back for Cosgrove to score & therefore it must have been Jalo ruled out but now having watched it several times on the highlights Jalo received the ball after a throw in & at the worst was level with the defender in view , the play then went on, Cosgrove put the ball in the net & the players start to celebrate along with the fans , it is only then the linesman raises his flag which was totally ridiculous considering the length of time which had passed , even the ref looked puzzled although he backed his linesman , anyone any thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    When you are at the match you only get one look in real time at any incident , when Cosgrove put the ball in the net I like everyone celebrated until the linesman eventually ruled it out , at the time I was puzzled as Jalo had pulled the ball back for Cosgrove to score & therefore it must have been Jalo ruled out but now having watched it several times on the highlights Jalo received the ball after a throw in & at the worst was level with the defender in view , the play then went on, Cosgrove put the ball in the net & the players start to celebrate along with the fans , it is only then the linesman raises his flag which was totally ridiculous considering the length of time which had passed , even the ref looked puzzled although he backed his linesman , anyone any thoughts ?
    I just couldn't see where the offside was , totally ridiculous by the lino .

Then again nowt surprises me anymore concerning officials in this league .

The decision we got in our favour last week was still ridiculous .

The linesman had a senior moment.
    You win some you lose some.

I lost 3 points on the correct score prediction !!!

It's the Football Karma God looking down Shads remembering the Wycombe goal when "Big Sam" somehow dislodged the ball from the keeper and scored.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It's the Football Karma God looking down Shads remembering the Wycombe goal when "Big Sam" somehow dislodged the ball from the keeper and scored.
    Your right SB in that we've had some let's say beneficiary decisions go our way this season .

The problem is they were just as absurd as the one we didn't get yesterday .

The real issue is the standard of officials we are having to endure rather than we get this and that going our way this week but next week it goes the other way .

I don't want us getting anything just as much as I don't want to be on the other side of it .