+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    A wee question,if it ever happened is there any posters on here who would stop going?
    You see it a lot with clubs moving,west ham and now Everton but it all seems to blow over and they get better crowds and facilities.
    In an ideal world we wud improve dens and stay but that's probably the owners last resort.
    I'm as sceptical as many on here but a part of me does want the move as it would help us grow and be in a better place than the dabs.
    Decent team just now,new boss doing good so plenty to be cheerful about just now.
    Ps I just hope this development can be resolved either way in the next year or two.
    I'm no a fan of nelms but wud never want him to fail if it harms our club.
    I'd go but wouldn't bother with season tic, prob slightly closer than Dens for me but it's not the place I want to be on a Saturday evening.

Midweek games wouldn't bother me as much.

I think crowds would initially increase but Nelmsy 😆 has lost a lot of fans over his tenure and they won't be back .....attracting new fans in a slightly off the beaten track stadium would be very difficult

But allowing in 7000 or 8000 old firm fans may compensate for that......that certainly wouldn't be my cup of tea.

And on the other hand Mrs sunshine just said " I'd come wee you to a ground like that ".......that's ****ing disastrous. 😄

And just read 12,500........much much much more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    And just read 12,500........much much much more realistic.
    Watered down from 15k capacity to 12.5 k already, think there will be more changes to reduce costs.
    I presume the new plans come with a planning application ???
    OR a we back to square one ?

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Watered down from 15k capacity to 12.5 k already, think there will be more changes to reduce costs.
    I presume the new plans come with a planning application ???
    OR a we back to square one ?
    Imminent.....apparently .....but.so is my next ****e.

And why is it still getting reported as being DFC stadium......it's not

And on the other hand Mrs sunshine just said " I'd come wee you to a ground like that ".......that's ****ing disastrous. ��
    Oh FFS - if mine said that I'd stop going for good

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Oh FFS - if mine said that I'd stop going for good
    Wouldn’t be the first time you’d stopped going for good 😊

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Wouldn’t be the first time you’d stopped going for good ��
    And probably not the last

I'd go but wouldn't bother with season tic, prob slightly closer than Dens for me but it's not the place I want to be on a Saturday evening.

Midweek games wouldn't bother me as much.

I think crowds would initially increase but Nelmsy �� has lost a lot of fans over his tenure and they won't be back .....attracting new fans in a slightly off the beaten track stadium would be very difficult

But allowing in 7000 or 8000 old firm fans may compensate for that......that certainly wouldn't be my cup of tea.
    I have just watched an interview with John Nelms who is speaking about his latest new stadium development at Campy Nou.
    I watched it on a Dundee FC supporters Facebook page.
    Some of the stuff Nelms said was recycled from his previous new stadium development press statements.
    However I think that Nelms’s latest interview contained a mistake.
    1. He said that the Archibald Leitch designed Main Stand was built in 1899. According to my research it was built in 1921.
    There was also a question asking him how the cost of building the new stadium was going to be funded.
    Nelms replied and I think that he said that the Yorkshire group were funding the bulk of the cost. However he was not very clear and concise with his reply to this important question.
    Perhaps someone else will be able to find out exactly who is funding the cost of building the new stadium.

Last edited by islaydarkblue; 22-12-2023 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I have just watched an interview with John Nelms who is speaking about his latest new stadium development at Campy Nou.
    I watched it on a Dundee FC supporters Facebook page.
    Some of the stuff Nelms said was recycled from his previous new stadium development press statements.
    However I think that Nelms’s latest interview contained a mistake.
    1. He said that the Archibald Leitch designed Main Stand was built in 1899. According to my research it was built in 1921.

Opened in 1921 anyway.

1-0 home win v Ayr

20,000 crowd.

Stand and enclosure held 11, 592

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)