+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boxing Day

Boxing Day

Any of you all going? I’m taking my Dad who is mid 80’s, and used to cycle to the ground as a kid in the 40’s! He has had 2 knee replacements this year and is a bit of a walking miracle! Will be in the vine and great to say hello.

Me Lisa and the kids will be there and back in the Brummie

Have a nice one Dave and Lloyd with families and enjoy a victory.

When we say had a good Christmas i think, if we're honest, most are relieved that there is a match to escape to on Boxing day. If you can't get to the game you can always check the score updates on the laptop or listen to the radio in some quiet part of the house. Even better is when the other half decides to go to the shop sales with your excuse being to stay at home because the football is on- i doubt you can really beat a good old boxing day fixture

Football is always an escape, but it's a literal one at Christmas that's for sure. More football comes the following few days then the FA Cup third round day comes along, football somehow feels right at this time of year, it should not be changed anymore than Christmas itself should

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Me Lisa and the kids will be there and back in the Brummie
    I should be in the front room on the left (if it’s not chocker by 12) can’t really miss me 6,3 with a grey beard. Hopefully get to say hello.

Sadly, I cannot make it to the game but hopefully, I will watch it on TV.

COYB

FOL

Boxing Day so many fabulous memories. And we always seemed to win and in style

My first as a 9 year old 1963 4-4 v Spurs

66 v Spurs 3-0 Bomber hat trick

67 v 3-2 Man City Bell Summerbee and Lee et al.

69 v West Ham 3-1

71 v Liverpool 1-0 (It was actually the 27th because BD was a Sunday)

73 v Villa 2-0

The Man City game and the return a few days later when we did the double over the League Champions elect was my favourite. From memory we went 2-0 up City got it back to 2-2 and Astle tapped in the winner in front of an ecstatic Brummie. Just got goose bumps just thinking about it.

Attendances were all 30,000+ against the Villa 44,000
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 26-12-2023 at 10:00 AM.

Love the Man City game. When Astle got the winner I ran on the pitch and jumped on his back. Ran back to my grandad at the front on the Woodman Corner and the copper was pi**ing himself laughing at me. Now I would be banned for life. How times have changed.

Will be there …. Not looking forward to the traffic ….

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Boxing Day so many fabulous memories. And we always seemed to win and in style

My first as a 9 year old 1963 4-4 v Spurs

66 v Spurs 3-0 Bomber hat trick

67 v 3-2 Man City Bell Summerbee and Lee et al.

69 v West Ham 3-1

71 v Liverpool 1-0 (It was actually the 27th because BD was a Sunday)

73 v Villa 2-0

The Man City game and the return a few days later when we did the double over the League Champions elect was my favourite. From memory we went 2-0 up City got it back to 2-2 and Astle tapped in the winner in front of an ecstatic Brummie. Just got goose bumps just thinking about it.

Attendances were all 30,000+ against the Villa 44,000
    Remember the Spurs game,I was only 8...first time I ever sat in the seats,using my Xmas money....I always thought that we won 4-3 ???...perhaps I bunked off early LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)