+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: ⚽Match thread v Stockport County FC 22.12.23 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Forest fans can't be enjoying the top league at all. Contrary to that I am massively enjoying Notts in league 2 and yes we have plenty of room for improvement. In life enjoyment is important. Forest fans got nowt.

I think they were to an extent a month or two ago, when the bottom 3 were the 3 dead certs for the drop….. things have changed a bit though recently.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Maybe it might have counted for nothing if he hadn't chopped a player down whilst running through their defence in the 5th minute...some call it taking one for the team, some might call it cheating.
    Part of the game now. Pundits on TV back the players for doing it, often with comments like, 'He had no choice'.

Still a terrible decision for 2nd yellow though.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Part of the game now. Pundits on TV back the players for doing it, often with comments like, 'He had no choice'.

Still a terrible decision for 2nd yellow though.
    I wish FIFA/UEFA/FA could be as nimble as the NBA at making rules changes. 'Take fouls' - no attempt to play the ball when the other team is breaking is now punished by free throws + possession, not just a foul and the other team keeps possession. So this season the 'take foul' (this is probably where the phrase 'take one for the team' came from) has been largely eliminated. And it's changed the game, it flows better and is even faster now.

Making fouling someone with a clear path to goal, or fouling without any attempt on the ball, punishable by a penalty kick and it'd be eliminated instantly, for the benefit of the sport.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425