+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Leicester City Post Match Thoughts

Been supporting the Millers 67 years, through thick and thin, never ever thought of not renewing my season ticket.
    It’s a way of life supporting your local club, last few years especially has been a roller coaster , more ups than downs, I am proud of where I come from and proud of my local team, my son and grandson have the same feelings, pleased to have passed it on .
    UTM

Quote Originally Posted by borert View Post
    Been supporting the Millers 67 years, through thick and thin, never ever thought of not renewing my season ticket.
    It’s a way of life supporting your local club, last few years especially has been a roller coaster , more ups than downs, I am proud of where I come from and proud of my local team, my son and grandson have the same feelings, pleased to have passed it on .
    UTM
    And after all that time you’re a new member to this message board

Is that a problem?

I smell a fake

Not a fake I am 77 years old, i am pleased to be posting on here but it has taken the nouse of my youngest daughter to get me set up.
    No apologies for being passionate about my town or my team.

Quote Originally Posted by borert View Post
    Not a fake I am 77 years old, i am pleased to be posting on here but it has taken the nouse of my youngest daughter to get me set up.
    No apologies for being passionate about my town or my team.
    borert, or is that an anagram for Robert? Either way, welcome onboard. Nothing wrong with showing passion for your club.

My usual caveat that I don’t get to many games as based in London and due to times. But agree with two points made by others. I’ve never thought you can really tell from the stands if there’s a lack of effort. I know they’re professionals but put it this way - one day you go to work, you’ve had a nice chilled time with your family the evening before and a good night sleep and you like your colleagues and the direction your company is going. The next you’ve got a family member who’s ill, you slept badly, and there’s someone in your work team who’s a bit disruptive. Could someone from the outside fairly say that if you underperform on day two it’s because you’re not putting the effort in? In football terms, a player might not make a run or might not steam into a tackle if they’re less fit than usual, or if their mind’s off the pace perhaps because of inexperience or because it’s draining losing most weeks. Point being there are many reasons for not doing things you’d expect a professional to do, and it’s very difficult to really know from the outside that effort is the problem.

Also, I think it’s right that we’re trying a bit of playing from the back, even if it makes me nervous, but it’s crucial to have variety and keep the opposition guessing a bit - same as them trying a couple of long range shots when we were defending well today, calculated risk but just makes you more unpredictable.

Just my opinions anyway and I always defer to those who go week in week out

For the most part the teams looked two leagues apart, and most definitely will be next season.

Truth be told, we defended well first half. However in the second half, whether it be through a brilliant move or a lapse in concentration, the inevitable was always going to happen. And it did, three times. Meanwhile, we created absolutely zero in the game and it was disappointing that we never laid a glove on them.

But we shouldn't be too down about this result. Aside from the gulf in quality, we played a midfielder and a left back as CBs, away from home, against the joint most potent strike force in the league. There was only ever going to be one outcome, and we all knew this before a ball was kicked.

Amidst the disappoinment of yet another defeat, I've got faith in LR to do a good job in the long run. I think we look better organised already, despite the square pegs in round holes. He just needs time and at least two windows to sort this shambles out.

Keep the faith, UTM.

By the way, not that I want him in the team, but where was Grant Hall today? Not on the bench.

Injured again is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    By the way, not that I want him in the team, but where was Grant Hall today? Not on the bench.

Injured again is he?
    Injured apparently. Is it me or does LR always seem a bit ''shifty'' when asked about injuries during interviews. He never has any answers and basically comes across as he hasn't got a clue what's going on! If you compare that to MT who always gave a full,detailed run down of each players issues.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast