+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Motherwell

The blue line is taken from the players erse when his elbow is sticking further out. That cu nt McLean again. The red vertical line appears to be on the blue horizontal and vice versa.

Name:  Offside.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  12.4 KB
    Last edited by phuxachemin; 15-02-2024 at 02:03 AM.

Well that was some game last night. Lot of folk who left after the third went in missed a cracking game and we should have taken three points in the end, but a draw was probably a fair result in the end.

Our squad has some glaring holes in it and whoever is in charge of recruitment needs to have a better plan to ensure we never find ourselves with such an imbalanced squad again.

Going to be a tough run in to make the top six. Play like we did from 30 minutes into the game last night and we may have a sneaky chance, but we know we won't.

I only hope Warnock saw what the rest of us witnessed last night and never lines us up like that again and keeps Morris to the bare minimum appearance wise.

The starting formation was a joke but I can’t see Warnock making that mistake again.

We need to sell Miovski and do a proper rebuild in the summer. I have no confidence in the people in charge of doing it

Quote Originally Posted by phuxachemin View Post
    The blue line is taken from the players erse when his elbow is sticking further out. That cu nt McLean again. The red vertical line appears to be on the blue horizontal and vice versa.

Name:  Offside.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  12.4 KB
    There’s no doubt McLean was at it when he drew the lines as that is level in my view and so onside but elbows don’t count for offside

What a crackers game of football. If we can bottle the spirit of the last 60 minutes and fire Duk up, along with allowing Clarkson the freedom he was given and keep Miovski going we’ll be fine.

That said, if ifs and ands were pots and pans…

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The starting formation was a joke but I can’t see Warnock making that mistake again.

We need to sell Miovski and do a proper rebuild in the summer. I have no confidence in the people in charge of doing it
    What is a proper rebuild though?

The money we spend guarantees more Morris type players than Miovski.

The constant churn of players is part of the problem along with a recruitment team who insist on signing square pegs for round holes based on a glorified version of Champ Manager.

Look at the feet. Miovski is 20-30cm inside by the feet position.

Unless he was attempting to head the ball , from that position it SHOULD be inside. Screw the current " interpretation" of the law

Amazingly AFAIN that the Linesman immediately flagged for offside , but later on couldn't begin to raise his flag for a foul ( and immediate booking ) on McGrath ?

Paranoid I may be. But it sure seems to me the VAR official try their hardest to screw the Dons on decisions. Our every goal takes 3 minutes of analysis before being cleared.?

Guess I have to acknowledge that it did it's job for Motherwell's " goal". ( Although given there were about 3 fouls committed in the build up , difficult to sweep it under the carpet ?!;

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    What is a proper rebuild though?

The money we spend guarantees more Morris type players than Miovski.

The constant churn of players is part of the problem along with a recruitment team who insist on signing square pegs for round holes based on a glorified version of Champ Manager.
    Agree. We need a radical change on how we recruit players & what we’re actually spending money on

I don’t think we should be paying any fees at all for English based players. I’d only spend money on Scottish ones if they’ve got a proven record in the top league or looking ridiculously good at smaller clubs

That was unreal last night. I simply could not understand starting 3 at the back. I'm honestly done with Morris. Hopeless. Roos an utter liability again last night. Felt sorry for Polvara getting hooked for others mess ups but at least he changed it after 28 minutes. Robson would still have been faffing around without subs on 60 minutes when we would have been 5 down. I think we deserved to win overall and disappointed we didn't. That keeper of theirs started wasting time in the 17th minute of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Look at the feet. Miovski is 20-30cm inside by the feet position.

Unless he was attempting to head the ball , from that position it SHOULD be inside. Screw the current " interpretation" of the law

Amazingly AFAIN that the Linesman immediately flagged for offside , but later on couldn't begin to raise his flag for a foul ( and immediate booking ) on McGrath ?

Paranoid I may be. But it sure seems to me the VAR official try their hardest to screw the Dons on decisions. Our every goal takes 3 minutes of analysis before being cleared.?

Guess I have to acknowledge that it did it's job for Motherwell's " goal". ( Although given there were about 3 fouls committed in the build up , difficult to sweep it under the carpet ?!;
    I still have no idea what happened at Motherwells fourth 'goal'.
    I thought Roos took out McGrath when he came for the ball and I don't think the ref gave the goal either at the time.
    It was a shambles just like the checking of all our goals last night.
    I'm not paranoid about VAR, I just think it's sh*t and needs binning, along with Shayden Morris.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast