+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Motherwell

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Agree. We need a radical change on how we recruit players & what we’re actually spending money on

I don’t think we should be paying any fees at all for English based players. I’d only spend money on Scottish ones if they’ve got a proven record in the top league or looking ridiculously good at smaller clubs
    Need to give more of our young loons a chance for starters.

There will always be English players worth paying money for, but really need to walk away when six figure fees are required for players at league two conference levels.

We might miss out on a Cosgrove, but saves us time and money on the likes of Richardson and Morris.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I still have no idea what happened at Motherwells fourth 'goal'.
    I thought Roos took out McGrath when he came for the ball and I don't think the ref gave the goal either at the time.
    It was a shambles just like the checking of all our goals last night.
    I'm not paranoid about VAR, I just think it's sh*t and needs binning, along with Shayden Morris.
    If you watch the replay there is a clear push in McGrath's back by the Motherwell player which causes him to fall into Roos's legs so take him down as well. A clear foul all day long

Well what to say about that.

I missed the kick off so about the first thing I saw was the absolute holocaust that is Shayden Morris giving away a pen.

I could tell it was 3 at the back (sigh) but apart from that, I genuinely have no idea what the formation, setup and positions of most of the players were supposed to be - and I don't think the players did either - what the actual fuuck was that Warnock?

Credit to him for changing it - what else could he do tbh - as we all know Robson would have done absolutely nothing for at least an hour if it had been him. The changes also worked a treat to be fair.

So a bit of a mixed bag overall:

Positives:

Credit to the team for fighting back - we see that far too infrequently - and credit for Warnock for not mucking about and making the necessary changes early - changes that worked too.

We should never, ever see the 3 at the back ever again after that - Or Shayden Morris in a red shirt. Abysmal doesn't even come close to describing this guy. Just like Jayden Richardson & Anthony Stewart you can only ask what on earth were they thinking when they signed that?

Roos is out of contract and not signing a new deal - what a result that is!!

Duk was excellent - like his old self - that's what we need to see from you from here on in min. My MOTM

After the 1st 30 minutes I thought the defence was much better and MacDonald made a difference. Surely he'll get a run in the team now ffs. Gartenmann was also Ok.

Negatives:

That first 30 mins obviously. That was as bad as I've ever seen from a formation, tactics, team structure and performance basis. No idea what Warnock was thinking.

Appreciate he's not long in the door so is still sizing everyone up, but is there really nobody at the club at all who couldn't have had a wee word to say Shayden Morris at wing back was basically gifting Motherwell 3 points? Worrying.

Roos was just being Roos again - and yet again we didn't defend a high ball into the box well. It was a foul for a push on McGrath, but Roos was getting nowhere near that ball, and the defence weren't clearing it either. Far too common a sight this year.

So as fully expected, that's the 3 games in hand pretty much wasted - no surprise there. The recruitment this season has been an absolute disaster. Combined with ridiculous "tactics" from a useless manager in Robson, we are where we are - I mean 6 wins in 24 games in that league - laughably bad.

Top 6 is still achievable obviously, but does anyone really expect with any confidence that this lot will achieve it?

So yet another big turnover of players to come in the summer. The recruitment setup also needs a complete review and overhaul. I know you are not going to hit on every signing, but whatever approach they are using (bar one or two gems) has been an abject failure...
    Last edited by The_Moog; 15-02-2024 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I just think it's sh*t and needs binning, along with Shayden Morris.
    and Kelle Roos

TBH the fact we're in with a sniff of top6 with our record is a pretty sad indictment on the state of the league here.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

Top 6 is still achievable obviously, but does anyone really expect with any confidence that this lot will achieve it?
    Nope not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    and Kelle Roos
    Roos is gone come summer.

Sadly will cost us a lot of money to ditch Morris.

That is the clubs fault though, nae the loons.

One thing last night, was when we made the subs and Polvara went off first. Folk were going mental, me included. Thinking he wasn't hooking Morris.

Think the fourth official may have been taking the p*ss out of us fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Agree. We need a radical change on how we recruit players & what we’re actually spending money on

I don’t think we should be paying any fees at all for English based players. I’d only spend money on Scottish ones if they’ve got a proven record in the top league or looking ridiculously good at smaller clubs
    It’s not just money we have spent on buying players from England that is the problem.

We have spent transfer fees on Jensen,Gueye,Rubezic and McGarry this season and it all seems to be done by someone recommending these players after they have watched them on a laptop.

I agree about trying to buy players from Scotland. The money spent on those four alone could have been spent on a few players at other SPFL teams who would improve us dramatically.

Many many years ago, I was saying we should sign John McGinn on here, although it was mainly because I drank with his uncle & thought I’d get free tickets

I know we don’t need a centre mid but if Barron goes, I’d absolutely take a punt on Mikey Anderson at Stenny. Mainly because I know his family & I think i might get free tickets but I’ve seen a fair bit of him & he’ll definitely play at a higher level. Worth a gamble imo

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast