+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saddlers

I would like others views on this please. The highlights of their goals, both from set pieces, shows their striker virtually holding,you could say obstructing our GK almost on the goal line and when the ball comes in the striker just heads the ball past him at head height. I'm wondering if that is a foul, re obstruction or the GK could he have punched the ball away first? How come one of our players allowed that and got in front of the GK and their player? Great sympathy for the GK actually as there are over 15 players crowding that area now in games and he can find himself not seeing the ball that well.

You could flip all of what you said on it's head. Watching numerous games on tv, quite often you will see the goalkeeper give the opposing player standing in front of him a good shove out of the way just as the ball is being delivered. Should that be a penalty technically?
    I think that referees, especially without VAR have an impossible job on this occasion. They not only need specs, they also need ten pairs of eyes to take in everything going on in the penalty area.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I would like others views on this please. The highlights of their goals, both from set pieces, shows their striker virtually holding,you could say obstructing our GK almost on the goal line and when the ball comes in the striker just heads the ball past him at head height. I'm wondering if that is a foul, re obstruction or the GK could he have punched the ball away first? How come one of our players allowed that and got in front of the GK and their player? Great sympathy for the GK actually as there are over 15 players crowding that area now in games and he can find himself not seeing the ball that well.
    Great post !!

Think they definitely saw our GK situation as a 'weakness' in our team, and tried to exploit it when they had the chance to.

Think the GK needs to make it look like obstruction to convince the Ref. That's probably something that comes with experience (?)

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Great post !!

Think they definitely saw our GK situation as a 'weakness' in our team, and tried to exploit it when they had the chance to.

Think the GK needs to make it look like obstruction to convince the Ref. That's probably something that comes with experience (?)
    Some may think this maybe a little OTT but get our GK to whisper in the ears of such opposition players that he has severe Covid, before the ball comes in!..

Could have been posted on the one liner thread...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Some may think this maybe a little OTT but get our GK to whisper in the ears of such opposition players that he has severe Covid, before the ball comes in!..

Could have been posted on the one liner thread...
    Bit 'unsportsmanlike' don't you think ..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12