+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match thread v Doncaster Rovers FC 26.12.23 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Only criticism today was Nemane, on numerous occasions he failed to see Crowley waiting for him to make a forward run so he could pass it through the gaps to him he stood out wide and offered nothing, everyone round me were going mad.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sick of the Nemane haters. After watching today's game, I thought, well at least they won't be able to slag Nemane off as he had a great game but no,here's one with the blinkers on again. Makes me wonder what the issue is really

Only criticism today was Nemane, on numerous occasions he failed to see Crowley waiting for him to make a forward run so he could pass it through the gaps to him he stood out wide and offered nothing, everyone round me were going mad.
    Perhaps your expectations are too high, this is L2 - Nemane was excellent today.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I liked the fact that we mixed it up. However, the penalty came about a minute after Donny broke on us from a corner slung in. We never really got our shape back.
    For anyone who doesn’t think it was a penalty, it was the most obvious push you will likely see from Jones.
    I didn’t mind the penalty decision until I found out who the ref was…

We’ve dispatched the sh!t teams fairly well at home this season but today was better because we got a clean sheet and a 90 minute performance. I haven’t been his biggest fan this season but McGoldrick was f00king fantastic, and I want Williams sacked for subbing him when he did.

Tougher games to come but it was good to see Normal Notts back today.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyretfordpie View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sick of the Nemane haters. After watching today's game, I thought, well at least they won't be able to slag Nemane off as he had a great game but no,here's one with the blinkers on again. Makes me wonder what the issue is really
    Yes, I had him in our top 5 performers today.
    We spent practically the first 30mins attacking them with Nemane as our spearhead

Aaron Nemane is going to need to step up his game. It would be unfair to say he had a bad match today because he played his part in a good team performance, but he's capable of far more than he shows. I don't know if it's confidence or courage that he's lacking, or both, but it will hold him back if he's not careful.

You're correct that he missed several opportunities to make runs, thereby wasting Crowley's exceptional vision, but he also turned down several opportunities to take his full-back on and beat him. For whatever reason he seems really reluctant to back himself to beat players when he's got the ball, and his preference for the give-and-go becomes very predictable and obvious. If he wants to play in the higher leagues, bearing in mind the links that were being made last summer, he's going to need to take more responsibility than he currently does. Plus he's got to improve his defending in terms of being willing to close down an opponent and make a challenge.

100% correct. We have Nemane haters behind us in the Kop, he can’t do a thing right and of course he gets the old accusation against wingers in general and black wingers in particular of being lazy.

I think I know what the issue is…

Another great all round performance, after Stockport. What is great to see is JB fitness seemingly back to where it needs to be, and that SA is slowly getting to grips with the deeper midfield role, it cannot be easy being asked to play a role, completely foreign to you, where you head has to be on a swivel to receive, and then lay off the ball 360°, add to this his ability and energy levels, to play his more natural game late on when we shuffle the pack in midfield.
    I think we might have player on our hands too, in James Sanderson, looked very composed when coming on again, and a less selfish Macca might have put him in for his second goal in two appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    What did people think to our corners today as we slung a few in didn't we.
    I thought we were excellent today at set pieces including corners. There was clearly some new training ground routines on display and we did mix it up a bit as well with some long corners.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    100% correct. We have Nemane haters behind us in the Kop, he can’t do a thing right and of course he gets the old accusation against wingers in general and black wingers in particular of being lazy.

I think I know what the issue is…
    and so do I. It sickens me and you're right, it's happened to many of our previous black players

It’s pleasing other fans see this. It’s becoming a bit tiresome from fans who seem to be constantly criticising him. A lot of it is just unfair and I’m not sure what more can be expected from a league two player.

Today he was excellent and put in numerous balls into the box both across the face of goal and provides creativity and is a threat for us. One of his crosses was perfect and just needed a tap in from Langstaff. He was also in the right place and beat his marker for his goal at the far post.

I feel this season he has forged a good link with Crowley and they have built a good understanding. He doesn’t always need to take a man on 1v1 and risk losing the ball.

I see a really hard working lively and energetic player who I’d sooner be on our team than the opposition. Let’s get behind him and support him as he will be important for us and a key player in the second half of this season.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast