+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match thread v Doncaster Rovers FC 26.12.23 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    78 year old blokes who are just permanently pissed off
    I thought that was our main constituency

19th minute Nemane put the ball on a plate just out of reach of the keeper and Langstaff hadn't timed his run right so he went beyond the ball. He got a goal and could've had an assist or two but for a bit of luck.

I don't think he's great defensively, but I don't think it's a lack of willing more just not his bag. Stick Cameron up front and it'd be the same situation.

The only criticism I'd get behind is that I would also like to see him take on his full-back more when they're 1-on-1. But that's just because we've seen him terrorise full backs previously and we know he's capable.

I'd guess some fans have less patience because he's not a right-footed Jodi Jones but they're big shoes to fill and we know that there's no way he'd be here bar injuries.

And yes the fact he's also black would jar with some whether they'd admit it or not publicly. But I don't imagine the 78 year old blokes who are just permanently pissed off with him in the Pavis post on here.

I am 77 and sit in the Pavis. What a load of garbage from you. He is a great player for us wokey.

I rest my case

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    If Nemane was playing for another team in League 2 and came up against Notts I reckon we'd all be impressed with him and be thinking "I wish he was with us".
    Whilst we are at this Jones wasn’t great today either…assistance aside ! He was up against Jamie Sterry (ex Hartlepool) who, given Doncaster’s poor effort, had a very good game.

With Nemane its the reluctance to take on his man 1-1 that frustrates as he has more than enough skill and pace to roast most fullbacks in this league.

Great win today! Ho ho ho, merry Christmas!

Let's hope we have turned a corner now & can push on upwards.

U PIES!!

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    As good a performance as we’ve had this season.

Jonny Bostock was elite today.
    Not sure he matched me at my peak, but it was great to see him silence the Donny fans.

The boos were loud right from his first touch, late on they couldn't be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    I am 77 and sit in the Pavis. What a load of garbage from you. He is a great player for us wokey.
    I was referring to specific people who I've had the pleasure of listening to almost salivating at the opportunity to moan when he does something wrong - it wasn't a general aim at the fans in the Pavis....

I was referring to specific people who I've had the pleasure of listening to almost salivating at the opportunity to moan when he does something wrong - it wasn't a general aim at the fans in the Pavis....

You need to sit somewhere else lad. After 55 years we have the odd moan it we always support OUR team, when you,grow up you will understand a little more

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    If Nemane was playing for another team in League 2 and came up against Notts I reckon we'd all be impressed with him and be thinking "I wish he was with us".
    This. We know what he’s capable off and people pick up on the negatives and almost dismiss the positives. I thought he was sound today. Some beautiful balls in and constant running and attacking. A real thorn in the oppos side.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast