+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I said Eddie Howe

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    That may be so zip.. however...

Get beat off the mackems and he has to go for me.. I STILL want to give him the next 2 windows, but the games against Forest and Luton have been horrendous.. I can understand Chelsea, Milan etc.. but not those 2..
    I UK
    Liverpool on new years day he has another free jit from me a they're class this season.. but it all comes down to the sunderland game in my eyes
    Were you one of those who wanted Sir Bobby sacked?
    Have you forgotten that Howe has transformed almost every player he has trained in our squad (look at Joelinton FFS) and got a squad half made of mediocre players to the CL?
    Jesus, I despair with some of our support.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Have you forgotten that Howe has transformed almost every player he has trained in our squad (look at Joelinton FFS) and got a squad half made of mediocre players to the CL?
    Thank you for talking some balanced, nuanced sense in this thread TopToon.

Ironically, if those who want Howe gone now were in charge of the club, we would have to wait much longer for any hint of success. I’m glad they’re not running (ruining) this club.

I can’t believe the short memories and the crazy, short-term thinking that some fans are demonstrating these days.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Despair?

Because we finished 4th last season this means that Eddie Howe can't come under any type of criticism?

I don't know a single person that wanted Sor Bobby sacked..

Are we not allowed to criticise?

So when can we say its time for Eddie to go.. ibwant him to do well.. I want him to find last seasons form.. mental if you think otherwise..

But we aren't doing well and the ita the fact that there seems to be no plan B that's got me thinking.. we cannot play against counter attacking football..

It's like we just have to sit there and not speak up against a manager because he finished 4th last season and is a canny bloke..

I hope he turns it around but if he doesn't then he needs to go.. its that simple

I feel for Eddie, we so massively overachieved last season that he's now copping the flack for what would be seen as alright this season if not for the brilliance of last.

Had we finished top 10 and a cup final, it would of been hailed as good progress. If this season had then gona as seen, 7th at this point with injuries would still be seen as fine.

I know how important CL was for us but as others have said, it came to soon for squad quality and depth.

I do agree to a degree about Eddie and his rotation tactics but equally, a consistent team is a positive because they all know where the other will be. That being said, I do think it is wrong that Tino lost his place, that shouldn't have happened.

Fe(kin nonsense this idea that Howe is under some kind of threat.

You can criticize him, and question the things hes doing, but you cant say he should be kicked out because of results.

Hes against the wall, with both of hes hands tied at the back.

Seems there’s a lot of reaction to us losing to Luton and Forest, when both teams actually played well above their league positions.

The last 10 games we have played 8 of them with 3 days between fixtures, and 2 with 4 days between them.

For the majority of that spell we had little to no subs to bring on.

We’ve now got some decent options on the bench, we also have 6 days till the scouser game and then 5 till the mackems.

Players will get a chance to rest, train, and prepare at least.

By the mackem match there should be no excuses of tiredness, and maybe we could have a new face or two in the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    I think the Saudi's will be looking to replace Eddie shortly, we have regressed this season.
    With respect you obviously don't understand Saudi business culture then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    Seems there’s a lot of reaction to us losing to Luton and Forest, when both teams actually played well above their league positions.

The last 10 games we have played 8 of them with 3 days between fixtures, and 2 with 4 days between them.

For the majority of that spell we had little to no subs to bring on.

We’ve now got some decent options on the bench, we also have 6 days till the scouser game and then 5 till the mackems.

Players will get a chance to rest, train, and prepare at least.

By the mackem match there should be no excuses of tiredness, and maybe we could have a new face or two in the door.
    Aye, I think the key is train and prepare.

Options from the bench wont be reality before february really. And by then, we probably have other injuries, so train and prepare is the only option tbh. But we can always hope, but its not very realistic, as this is the time when injuries kicks in and they dont take into consideration how many you had in the first half of the season...

Doubt there will be much in the january market for us. Because of FFP and budgets.

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post
    We have overachieved because of Howe.

The problem is the players like Burn, Almiron, Longstaff, Ritchie, Krafth, Dummet.

Also, we shouldnt be in a postion where we have to play a player like Miley week in and week out.

If anything its a failure of recruitment.
    You can make an agreement for recruitment however financial constraints are the root cause of our inability to add additional quality plays to the group we brought in, who to a man have improved the team & the squad when fit/available.

Everyone complaining needs to calm thr F down.

We'd be no where without the changes in boardroom, backroom & dugout.

We're in Howes first full season, ffs, get a grip. This is reality not FIFA career mode or Football Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post
    Fe(kin nonsense this idea that Howe is under some kind of threat.

You can criticize him, and question the things hes doing, but you cant say he should be kicked out because of results.

Hes against the wall, with both of hes hands tied at the back.
    100% agree Viking mate.

Moreover who would be better to manage us right now?

Successful teams are stable teams, settled teams. That leads to consistency and success.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)