+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season ticket buy back

Season ticket buy back

A lot of clubs allow ST holders to sell their seat back to the club if they can’t make a game. I’m wondering if Notts could do the same and possibly increase revenue.
    I’ve had several occasions this season where I could bring friends/family to watch the game but they don’t come as the only available seats are scattered around the corners of the Kop.
    However, when the game is on there’s loads of seats around me. I can only assume it’s ST holders that can’t make the game.
    I wonder if any floating supporters don’t attend because the only availability when buying tickets are in the cr@p seats or there’s none together.
    I’d happily donate my seat and help the club if I couldn’t make a game.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    A lot of clubs allow ST holders to sell their seat back to the club if they can’t make a game. I’m wondering if Notts could do the same and possibly increase revenue.
    I’ve had several occasions this season where I could bring friends/family to watch the game but they don’t come as the only available seats are scattered around the corners of the Kop.
    However, when the game is on there’s loads of seats around me. I can only assume it’s ST holders that can’t make the game.
    I wonder if any floating supporters don’t attend because the only availability when buying tickets are in the cr@p seats or there’s none together.
    It’s a real problem. We went as a group of four today. 2 season ticket holders and 2 occasionals.

We were preparing to sit apart but the four seats in front of the season tickets were empty (season ticket holders who couldn’t get transport), the occasionals were in two minds whether to come or not due to not being able to sit near.

I think a “sell back” which only gets a refund if the seat is actually sold would be a decent idea. It could even be in the form of vouchers (for food/drink or the shop) if the club wanted to retain the money another way.

Great idea, email that razor sharp new CEO?

Great topic. We were in a similar position yesterday where our friend, and his daughter and son were sitting elsewhere but we had empty seats around us.
    It's worth an email to the CEO like someone said.
    It seems to be a wider problem than we thought.

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    Great topic. We were in a similar position yesterday where our friend, and his daughter and son were sitting elsewhere but we had empty seats around us.
    It's worth an email to the CEO like someone said.
    It seems to be a wider problem than we thought.
    I’ll message the club 👍🏽

I very rarely make night matches these days & would gladly donate my seat back to the cl
    ub if it was made simple enough to do, I have found it a problem when trying to get "non regulars " to attend.
    Last edited by ancientpie; 27-12-2023 at 07:48 AM. Reason: finger slipped

Like an away fan loyalty scheme, this is one of those things that’ll hopefully be addressed when the club gets used to the current or even greater levels of support.

Not bad problems to have, having to queue up on County Road to get in the kop wasn’t something I thought id ever have to do.

I know of at least 4 Kop upper season ticket holders who never sit in their own seats because they like to STAND with the singers at the back..

When I go up to Rangers this is the only way to get a seat it’s something called Seat Sub where fans can sell the season ticket just for that game if they can’t make it

Unlike most of the away grounds I've been to over the last few years we don't really have any cr@p seats so I don't see that being an issue. That stand at Barrow was awful and the less said about Crewe the better. Blackpool had a buyback scheme where you got credit towards next seasons season ticket when they were in the Prem but I don't think they bother now. It might be worth looking at for the future but I'm sure Mr. Palmer has a hundred more pressing priorities.