+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dissapointed

Dissapointed

Our efforts against the Rantic haven't improved.

2 games against each.

0-6 agg V the poison
    1-8 agg V the entitled.

And the two home games have been exceptionally weak displays.

I wouldn't call yesterday a meek as it was below that but Cannae really get the adjective.

There wasn't a lack of effort but there was an acceptance from the get go.

Captain hindsight wuda stiffened the midfield up and captain foresight probably wud have agreed.

Bit of a test now to get the 6 or 7 points we required before the break with sheep game aff.

Beck out for one of the games and forwards injured........hopefully lamie back fit.

Fingers crossed 🤞

really disappointed, thought Docherty persevered too long with the front two. and Cammie seem to struggle after taking that knock
    in the first half, thought Mulligan would have been for Cammie at half time.
    Our creative players like Becks and McCowan spent all their time defending, totally out played and never layed a glove on them.

Can't remember if we won the toss or not but we have to change tact re shooting uphill 2nd half when teams have a large away support, plays right into their hands.

It's a small thing but makes a difference.

Hopefully Carson can recover quickly from his errors, think he will, seems a pretty resilient character.

Thought the defence overall were pretty well organised and coordinated.....soul destroying when ball keeps coming back.

Midfield were overwhelmed really early.

Front 2 just not at the races albeit feeding on what the dog left rather than the scraps themselves.

Basic football I know but I always want the physically stronger players on against the bigger teams.....I thought sylla wuda started and also thought mulligan maybe 50/50 to start.

I think give TD that game again our shape and team selection wud be a fair bit different.

I just think we are beaten before we go on the park against the two of them. I totally understand why a lot of our support won't go to Dens when they come due to the anti social, bigoted carry on in their support but in addition to this a lot of the support likely reckon we are going to get beat anyway and give it a miss for this reason also.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    I just think we are beaten before we go on the park against the two of them. I totally understand why a lot of our support won't go to Dens when they come due to the anti social, bigoted carry on in their support but in addition to this a lot of the support likely reckon we are going to get beat anyway and give it a miss for this reason also.
    Four things came together yesterday that stopped me going - we rarely if ever compete with them these days, the songs and the disgusting behaviour of their fans inside and outside the ground which is tolerated by our staff and the police. All three of these are typical of them of course and generally don't stop me dead in my tracks from going, tends to be mood on the day and I tend to end up going. However this one was on Boxing Day and I'm sure I won't have been the only normal person (honest I am normal) who had arranged to either have family round or to visit family. That will always take priority for some people, me included.

Terrible decision to bring it forward but of course every away OF game has to be moved for TV doesn't it?

For the record my season ticket was used - gave it to someone that could make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    I wasn’t at yesterday’s game as in the 2021-22 season I decided to never attend a home game against Celtic or Rangers.
    Although yesterday’s attendance was listed as 9,104 which will include the usual 4,400 away supporters, does anyone present at yesterday’s game know roughly how many Dundee supporters of the remaining 4,704 people actually attended the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Four things came together yesterday that stopped me going - we rarely if ever compete with them these days, the songs and the disgusting behaviour of their fans inside and outside the ground which is tolerated by our staff and the police. All three of these are typical of them of course and generally don't stop me dead in my tracks from going, tends to be mood on the day and I tend to end up going. However this one was on Boxing Day and I'm sure I won't have been the only normal person (honest I am normal) who had arranged to either have family round or to visit family. That will always take priority for some people, me included.

Terrible decision to bring it forward but of course every away OF game has to be moved for TV doesn't it?

For the record my season ticket was used - gave it to someone that could make it.
    I was walking up provie Rd behind two Irish and a weegie, one of them blootered.

One of them stuck an empty bottle of bud down his ass, the other a nip glass .....what for no idea

I get patted Doon going into Ayr and Dingwall and actually asked to remove wallet.

How do these guys get in the ground.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)