+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Disappointed

O/T:- Disappointed

My daughter, son in law and grandsons are over from New Zealand and my son in law and 6 year old grandson came to the match last night and he was so excited. So two weeks ago I payed for a welcome message to be put on the scoreboard for them and to have their picture in the programme. I thought it would be a lovely souvenir for them to keep but sadly for some reason it didn’t happen. I called at reception to ask why but no one could help but they took my number and said they would call and apologised. I haven’t heard from them yet.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 27-12-2023 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Fixed off topic prefix

I hate to say it but since Jason Turner passed away there's been a definite downturn in customer care at Notts. Your not the first person to come away disappointed. WHEN you can get someone to answer the phone it's like pass the parcel, nobody seems to have the authority or your in the wrong department..Gone are the days of being on first name terms with the ticket office and having the lovely Alice Kelk sort your issues out..
    As my old ganny used to say, they all want putting in a bag and given a good shaking...

Very poor Notts, sort it out. I'm sure if you email the club then this will get sent up the chain. If not then yeah very, very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Very poor Notts, sort it out. I'm sure if you email the club then this will get sent up the chain. If not then yeah very, very poor.
    Jason's sudden death would have left no handover period. Scramble to find and appoint a suitable successor and maybe Jason was handling a lot of stuff personally that was undocumented. It may be a bit unfair to be over critical.

Although I have sympathy for you. I think in this instance the time of year should be taken in to consideration. As fans we all know footballers will play games over Xmas, however, no one ever mentions those non playing staff members who would be working at the club in what is a busy period. I suppose the attitude will be, they work for a football club, they know what to expect.

I can't agree with the posts saying don't be too hard. The OP paid for something which is pretty regular (I've had it when I was a kid and 2 seasons ago we did it for a family member) It's not that hard for the scoreboard even if not the programme and they took the money. Jason died last season. The owners are very professional so if they offer a service, someone pays for it and they don't deliver, don't tell the customer they're not going to deliver then don't reply to the customer when they ask about it, that is very poor. Doesn't matter if it's a football club or a sky install.

Unfortunate situation and clearly should not have taken place. Mistakes happen.

However, I do think we need to give the club a bit of slack, until 1961 updates on the situation (I think it is right he does that).

It was Boxing Day afternoon and I wouldn't have expected the person on reception to be able to give an answer, apart from what they did - I will get someone to call you. We don't know if they have.

Hopefully they will, although it could have been overlooked. Really hope it gets sorted to 1961's satisfaction, with an apology and an offer of some compensation.

I have been to the club this morning the guy who took the booking wasn’t there but another chap apologised and said the message will go on the score board for tomorrow’s match. Unfortunately my six year old grandson won’t be there but my son in law will. It is too late for the picture to go in the programme but a signed programme for my grandson will be left for me in reception before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I have been to the club this morning the guy who took the booking wasn’t there but another chap apologised and said the message will go on the score board for tomorrow’s match. Unfortunately my six year old grandson won’t be there but my son in law will. It is too late for the picture to go in the programme but a signed programme for my grandson will be left for me in reception before the game.
    Fair play all round. Hopefully your grandson loves the signed program.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Thanks for the update, sounds fair to me.
    Hope your grandson will be happy, at least he will have something to keep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast