+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nelmsy Campus Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    What is the maximum number of spectators capacity at Ice Arena at the Campy Leisure park and how many spectators were there at last night’s ice hockey.
    I’m sure you could research that.

2400 seated and an extra 300 standing on game night.

What is the maximum number of spectators capacity at Ice Arena at the Campy Leisure park and how many spectators were there at last night’s ice hockey.
    Before you get on your high horse and start shouting objection! objection! just remember that the existing entry / egress would be available for any 'new stadium' as well as the planned additional entry / egress directly from and onto Kingsway. The proposed new Kingsway entry / egress might also be available for the ice arena patrons significantly alleviating any existing congestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Before you get on your high horse and start shouting objection! objection! just remember that the existing entry / egress would be available for any 'new stadium' as well as the planned additional entry / egress directly from and onto Kingsway. The proposed new Kingsway entry / egress might also be available for the ice arena patrons significantly alleviating any existing congestion.
    As far back as 2018 Transport Scotland had changed the rules for accessing slip roads from large car parks.
    If the Kingsway West Retail Park had been built in 2018 no access would have permitted from their car parks directly onto the slip road for the Crematorium roundabout. The only exit from the Kingsway West Retail Park car parks would have been directly onto Clepington Road.
    That would certainly have caused tail backs into the car parks.

As far back as 2018 Transport Scotland had changed the rules for accessing slip roads from large car parks.
    If the Kingsway West Retail Park had been built in 2018 no access would have permitted from their car parks directly onto the slip road for the Crematorium roundabout. The only exit from the Kingsway West Retail Park car parks would have been directly onto Clepington Road.
    That would certainly have caused tail backs into the car parks.
    I know, but the plan has never been to access the proposed car park from a slip road like at Kingsway West - it's a direct slip road off Kingsway.

I know, but the plan has never been to access the proposed car park from a slip road like at Kingsway West - it's a direct slip road off Kingsway.
    The original plan was to exit the new stadium car parks onto the slip road for the Camperdown roundabout but that was quashed by Transport Scotland.

The original plan was to exit the new stadium car parks onto the slip road for the Camperdown roundabout but that was quashed by Transport Scotland.
    I don't remember ever seeing that on a proposal. I do remember discussing the new stadium concept with someone involved in the initial planning who told me they couldn't design that type of access as the rules had changed since Kingsway West was built.

These are interesting points. I notice you say would be available and might also be available. I am not disagreeing but they seem to be possibilities for improving the traffic arrangements for all the businesses. Have these points been made in any official documents?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    These are interesting points. I notice you say would be available and might also be available. I am not disagreeing but they seem to be possibilities for improving the traffic arrangements for all the businesses. Have these points been made in any official documents?
    I say 'would' and 'might' because I still believe these accesses will never be required because no stadium will ever be built.

The time to accept the 'planning submission imminent' comment by John Nelms as valid has passed IMO and I now consider that comment a total pi55 take.

I don't remember ever seeing that on a proposal. I do remember discussing the new stadium concept with someone involved in the initial planning who told me they couldn't design that type of access as the rules had changed since Kingsway West was built.
    It was shown in the plans on display at the first Pre Application Noice meeting held in Dundee Ice Arena in September 2017.
    I also saw the plans when I attended a Dee4life board of directors meeting as a non voting guest in Bob Hynd’s office in May 2018.

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)