+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nelmsy Campus Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Like a lot of Dee fans on Europe. ��

B cram too many Dundee supporters are burying their heads in the sand when it comes to the "stadium" ��️

The man said we cud be in by August 25 and these ridiculous pronouncements seem to go unchallenged in the press.

I just like to keep the topic alive.
    Not sure that too many have given up on Europe. We've become used to a prize being dangled in front of our noses then snatched away so it's difficult to get carried away when another piece of prize laden string appears in easy reach. The way I feel about the Europe thing is that it would be a great achievement but I can't get excited about the prospect because of these previous experiences. A bit like tapping off at Fatty's, getting to the door of her flat then being told 'not this week'.

You need to keep the countdown going, it's showing Nelmsy up and eventually even the 'but we owe them so much' mob will start to smell the coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Not sure that too many have given up on Europe. We've become used to a prize being dangled in front of our noses then snatched away so it's difficult to get carried away when another piece of prize laden string appears in easy reach. The way I feel about the Europe thing is that it would be a great achievement but I can't get excited about the prospect because of these previous experiences. A bit like tapping off at Fatty's, getting to the door of her flat then being told 'not this week'.

You need to keep the countdown going, it's showing Nelmsy up and eventually even the 'but we owe them so much' mob will start to smell the coffee.
    But we do owe them, without them we probably wouldn’t be here today, personally I’d love to stay at Dens so the campy nou thing doesn’t bother me as much as some

Agree jdfc , I don’t think we would be still here without them , I believe we have a lot to thank them for , and also the longer we stay at Dens the better , I’ve a great seat there just now and I’m really enjoying going up to dens every game now , where as for years I was going up through habit and dreading watching the drivel I was watching almost every week , it’s a long time since I’ve been looking forward to the next game straight after the last one finished , and I thank the yanks for it

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    But we do owe them, without them we probably wouldn’t be here today, personally I’d love to stay at Dens so the campy nou thing doesn’t bother me as much as some
    'Probably' being the key word.

However, probably someone else would have come in and probably we'd have finished third this season. I can't prove any of that of course but neither can anyone prove that we probably wouldn't be here today if they hadn't come in when they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Dode craigie View Post
    Agree jdfc , I don’t think we would be still here without them
    Probably? But we can't prove it.

'Probably' being the key word.

However, probably someone else would have come in and probably we'd have finished third this season. I can't prove any of that of course but neither can anyone prove that we probably wouldn't be here today if they hadn't come in when they did.
    4 Scottish clubs have went tits up in modern times, all smaller than DFC.

DFC would be around in some form without Nelmsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    4 Scottish clubs have went tits up in modern times, all smaller than DFC.

DFC would be around in some form without Nelmsy.
    I think we need to show our owners and our fans that we can make a profit if we have a successful season. Cup runs play an important part in earning additional income. Is the pricing of these games something that our club can influence. Times past ST holders got a couple of early games included. Is this possible.
    Think we have proved to ourselves that the manager is the key. Throwing money at a manager does not guarantee success, in fact it seems to have the opposite effect.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think we need to show our owners and our fans that we can make a profit if we have a successful season. Cup runs play an important part in earning additional income. Is the pricing of these games something that our club can influence. Times past ST holders got a couple of early games included. Is this possible.
    Think we have proved to ourselves that the manager is the key. Throwing money at a manager does not guarantee success, in fact it seems to have the opposite effect.
    Probably

Probably
    Who said you were negative? Don't think you have ever been so positive!

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    You don't make a profit in scottish football.

You can if you get to group stages in Europe

We like the dabs and st j are fine until the owners say no more.

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)