+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nelmsy Campus Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    I'm no that auld Islay.😎
    Or grumpy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    When I was young standing on the Dens Park terracing I used to envy the Dundee supporters who had a season ticket to sit in the Centre Stand section in the Main Stand which was the only section of the Main Stand to have individual wooden tip up seats.
    It was my ambition one day to be able to sit in the Centre Stand section of the Main Stand at Dens Park which I have now achieved
    Some achievement.

You must be so proud.

There is no problem getting to the toilet in the Main Stand.
    Perhaps you should move to sit in the Main Stand.
    There is when teams get the first 3 sections of the main stand. But you don’t go to games against the ugly sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Why?
    Better facilities, hopefully better atmosphere, with Dundee supporters all sitting in the same parts of the ground, unlike Dens. Safe standing area will also be good.

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    Better facilities, hopefully better atmosphere, with Dundee supporters all sitting in the same parts of the ground, unlike Dens. Safe standing area will also be good.
    I get that and seems to be what everyone in favour falls back on.......but point by point

Better facilities...... undoubtedly.......but do many care .......maybe sell more hospo......and a more pleasant experience but it wont draw in any more imho and it's never gonna be as pleasant as sitting on your own settee.

Hopefully better atmosphere........so that's a hope.......I think it possibly will be on game for game basis......but never as good as those classics at Dens......Cologne, Hibs, Dabs 87, Dumbarton.

Same part of ground.......this shud be done at Dens but remember folk winnae be happy if sun is in their eyes in winter 😆

Safe standing......only really for early 20s to ****s.....so mibbe 500 folk max.

What I'm looking for BP is more from FPS on why this will benefit the football club, how it secured the future, what happens when they go, what guarantees their will be, how much if any of the added ons will help Dundee FC or is it the case if we are making/make money we will continue to subsidise.

There's so many question between relationship of football club to campus......and I'll never trust them fully given their record and petty way they have dealt with main fans group and refuse to accept their legal right.

No kink in any main stand is gonna cover that up.

When I was young standing on the Dens Park terracing I used to envy the Dundee supporters who had a season ticket to sit in the Centre Stand section in the Main Stand which was the only section of the Main Stand to have individual wooden tip up seats.
    It was my ambition one day to be able to sit in the Centre Stand section of the Main Stand at Dens Park which I have now achieved
    Funny how different folk are. When I was young and going to Dens in the 60s the absolute LAST place I had any ambition to view (I say view because the only thing I knew was standing at a match) would have been the Centre or any part of the Stand which at that time I considered occupied by a bunch of old fogies. I
    at times used to watch from the South enclosure ( can't remember what I called it in those days, wasn't the Derry iirc) or move behind the goals we were shooting into. This, of course, used to involve passing the away support going in the opposite direction sometimes with 'interesting' results.
    Young and daft in those days we got up to things that would never have been tolerated in the Stand and that was the attraction at the time. Now in my 70s I feel more akin to the old style terracing supporter as opposed to the Stand (seated) fan although, of course, modern Stadium designs, all seated, have made us all the same. Currently I watch from the Coxy and would watch from the South also before ever sitting in the Main Stand. It's all about personal choice I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

Hopefully better atmosphere........so that's a hope.......I think it possibly will be on game for game basis......but never as good as those classics at Dens......Cologne, Hibs, Dabs 87, Dumbarton.
    Funny how your quoted four games for atmosphere would more or less equate with mine. Atmosphere coinciding with a good result rather than just the good result itself. I suppose that I would add the European Cup ties to your list having been at all four. Other games, although hugely memorable e.g. say the Albert Kidd/Hearts game, the 5-1 gubbing of Celtic, 6-4 annihilation of the DABs in 1971 (how we only won by 2 goals that day I'll never know) etc. etc., really stand out from a performance point of view but the atmosphere didn't reach to the levels of the games you mentioned.

i would add league cup semi win against ayr when sinky got the winner and also the league cup game against hearts think it was 4-4 then we won on pens.Probably a few others as well.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    i would add league cup semi win against ayr when sinky got the winner and also t ishe league cup game against hearts think it was 4-4 then we won on pens.Probably a few others as well.
    Missed 4 4 was in Algarve.

CC33 debut, Aberdeen when Super Tommy got 30th, 4=3 with Simon's fedora.

Doon derby.

Hearts and Patrick after admin.

Neil McCann's winner.

How do you take your soul to the retail park?

There's no doubt in me a bit of DFC dies when/if they shut Dens Park ......Allan Pattillos article was very good in that regard.

It's as near for me as Dens but without going AHH Islay do I fancy a half hour queue to get oot of the campus.

Record btw is 11 mins from seat in Cox to crossing my front door......

I'd add a couple of games from the Deefiant season. The crowd at the Raith game, despite only 5k there, made a racket at the end, after McCann scoring the 95th minute matchwinner, like a full house was in attendance. The final game at Dens of that season a celebration of survival and Deefiance had a reduced price and I think over 8k crowd. The atmosphere that day was superb.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)