+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: Official Nelmsy Campus Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    DSA members are the 23 member clubs x there membership, I’d hazard a guess at between 650 and 700
    According to discussion at the Dee4life members meeting held online a week past Monday the DSA have 32 member clubs with the addition of all the members of these clubs totalling between 2,000 and 3,000 people. One Dundee FC supporters club has two members.
    It was also mentioned that there was a Dundee FC supporters club which had 1,500 members.
    By my calculations this will be the Friends of Dundee FC Facebook Group which has no annual membership fee and a number of the people registered as members of the Friends of Dundee Football Club Facebook Group are also members of other Dundee FC supporters clubs affiliated to the DSA.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    According to discussion at the Dee4life members meeting held online a week past Monday the DSA have 32 member clubs with the addition of all the members of these clubs totalling between 2,000 and 3,000 people. One Dundee FC supporters club has two members.
    It was also mentioned that there was a Dundee FC supporters club which had 1,500 members.
    By my calculations this will be the Friends of Dundee FC Facebook Group which has no annual membership fee and a number of the people registered as members of the Friends of Dundee Football Club Facebook Group are also members of other Dundee FC supporters clubs affiliated to the DSA.
    DSA has no members, it has affiliate clubs and club members become DSA affiliates through their clubs. As you rightly point out some of those clubs have very few members - some of them are based in foreign countries on the other side of the world and their members never see Dundee FC play except on Fire Stick. But because if John Nelms says 'jump' the DSA asks 'how high' they are his favoured supporters' organisation.

It was a very clever move to include the 'Friends Of Dundee FC' Facebook group as a club to artificially boost affiliate numbers - in fact too clever for the DSA board to have made it, it must have been John Nelms' idea.

Some questions answered from Nelmsy in courier today.

No too much detail but it's something

Curious how are the questions that everyone's been asking for 6/7 years only hypothetical and sneered at for only being D4L questions......they ain't......and still not answered .....doubt they ever will be.

Nelmsy is an incredibly devisive cauld fish 🐟

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Curious how are the questions that everyone's been asking for 6/7 years only hypothetical and sneered at for only being D4L questions......they ain't......and still not answered .....doubt they ever will be.

Nelmsy is an incredibly devisive cauld fish 🐟
    Think the ultimate answer will be the building of the stadium. I'm not sure that even full planning permission being granted will actually solve anything. Still seems some fairly basic funding issues to be dealt with, but that's my personal worry. I am hoping that the team performances might be a very positive influence on the worth of our club. Building a bigger support and winning higher league places might generate significant revenues.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Think the ultimate answer will be the building of the stadium. I'm not sure that even full planning permission being granted will actually solve anything. Still seems some fairly basic funding issues to be dealt with, but that's my personal worry. I am hoping that the team performances might be a very positive influence on the worth of our club. Building a bigger support and winning higher league places might generate significant revenues.
    Five years ago it was reckoned that the whole of the new stadium development was to cost £20 million and now the new stadium alone is to cost £50 million. If full planning permission is granted the Crematorium at Campy Nou will be built without a Garden of Remembrance or a Memorial Garden.

Five years ago it was reckoned that the whole of the new stadium development was to cost £20 million and now the new stadium alone is to cost £50 million. If full planning permission is granted the Crematorium at Campy Nou will be built without a Garden of Remembrance or a Memorial Garden.
    I would expect that there is an alternative to a Garden of Remembrance/Memorial Garden. Car parking seems to be the biggest issue imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I would expect that there is an alternative to a Garden of Remembrance/Memorial Garden. Car parking seems to be the biggest issue imo.
    I was at a Dee4life board of directors meeting as non voting guest where the subject of the lack of a Garden of Remembrance or Memorial Garden in the plans for the new stadium development came up.
    The answer given was that John Nelms had not asked for a Garden of Remembrance or Memorial Garden to be included in the plans.
    It would be interesting to know where the ashes after funerals are going to be scattered. The new stadium pitch seems an ideal spot.

I was at a Dee4life board of directors meeting as non voting guest where the subject of the lack of a Garden of Remembrance or Memorial Garden in the plans for the new stadium development came up.
    The answer given was that John Nelms had not asked for a Garden of Remembrance or Memorial Garden to be included in the plans.
    It would be interesting to know where the ashes after funerals are going to be scattered. The new stadium pitch seems an ideal spot.
    Ashes are given to the Funeral Director for onpass to the relatives to scatter as they see fit. Any that are unclaimed would currently be scattered in the garden of remembrance however in the absence of such a garden I'd imagine the crematorium management or Funeral Director would have an alternative. Bear in mind you really need permission to scatter ashes as they're human remains.

By the way have you seen the amount of ashes that are produced in a cremation? I scattered my brother's recently up in The Sidlaws and was amazed at how much there actually was. I didn't bother with permission.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)