+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Viktor Johansson

If he has a paltry amount as a release clause then someone needs to foot the blame for losing millions. Most people would not be thankful for give a way of 2m but I refer to my previous response on a different thread........

Coventry sell proven championship player and bit part Swedish international Gorkeres for 20m plus add ons.
    And people on here are happy if we get 2-5 mill for proven championship player and bit part Sweden international Viktor.

For one of the best keepers in the league, if he was at any other club they wouldn't even listen for anything less than 10mill. And that's not even considering cashing in if he was in the last year of his contract - which I don't think he is is he.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSquirt View Post
    If he has a paltry amount as a release clause then someone needs to foot the blame for losing millions. Most people would not be thankful for give a way of 2m but I refer to my previous response on a different thread........

Coventry sell proven championship player and bit part Swedish international Gorkeres for 20m plus add ons.
    And people on here are happy if we get 2-5 mill for proven championship player and bit part Sweden international Viktor.

For one of the best keepers in the league, if he was at any other club they wouldn't even listen for anything less than 10mill. And that's not even considering cashing in if he was in the last year of his contract - which I don't think he is is he.
    Contracted till 20/06/2025.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Surely the players you are mentioning were bought at the right price and invested in. A lot of those players were expensive to buy. Assombalonga was 1.1 million in 2013 and signed on a 4 year deal.
    Tony over a million on a 4 year deal
    Marriott 775k for a non league player on a 4 1/2 year deal.

We seem to always hear about the good deals, there's also players like Tyrone Bennett. Posh paid over a million for him and then shipped him to non league after 18 games.
    Jch 1.25million
    Sczmodics for 1.2m
    Randell 1m
    I've not seen the accounts of posh but I can imagine they pay a healthy wage to attract all these players
    I think we've tried to follow the Peterborough policy with regards to signing Nombe. Accumulate to speculate in that it is more likely you will get 5-10 million for a player if you dish out a million to start with and tie him up on a 4 year deal rather than a couple of hundred grand on a 2 year deal. The ironic thing with Nombe is that the team isn't good enough in The Champ for him to showcase his talents. He might be a 20 goal a season man in League 1.

Slightly different perspective. Viktor is a great 'goalkeeper' but can he be a modern goalkeeper with a top side? All the premiership goalkeepers seem to be good ball players as well. Can he do it? I don't know because he never gets the chance with us, but that's certainly something that potential buyers will be considering when bidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    Slightly different perspective. Viktor is a great 'goalkeeper' but can he be a modern goalkeeper with a top side? All the premiership goalkeepers seem to be good ball players as well. Can he do it? I don't know because he never gets the chance with us, but that's certainly something that potential buyers will be considering when bidding.
    Even at the top of the Champ ,ball playing goalkeepers are becoming essential. You're right about the Prem where goalkeepers can become an extra outfield player in certain passages of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    Spot on and I believe this will stump his international career.
    Imo Viktor will be sold in the summer and he will smash our record sale. Though it will prob be through add ons

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I think he is worth 5-6 million.

I think we will take half that with sell on and international appearances add ons.
    Fair assesment if we end up in league one. I'm going a little higher and selling around 4 million cash plus add-ons.. sort his distribution out and he could well be a 10 million plus keeper

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Fair assesment if we end up in league one. I'm going a little higher and selling around 4 million cash plus add-ons.. sort his distribution out and he could well be a 10 million plus keeper
    It is no secret that Mercer has been recommending him to Everton this year. He would be number 2 to Pickford as Andy Lonergan is 40 and the number 3 is a kid.
    At 25 he is young enough to have a few years there which is time to impress and get a big money move. (Similar to what happened with Martinez at Arsenal.)
    If we could get a 15-20% sell on then it’s like being paid twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    It is no secret that Mercer has been recommending him to Everton this year. He would be number 2 to Pickford as Andy Lonergan is 40 and the number 3 is a kid.
    At 25 he is young enough to have a few years there which is time to impress and get a big money move. (Similar to what happened with Martinez at Arsenal.)
    If we could get a 15-20% sell on then it’s like being paid twice.
    Everton FC said, to be looking at 21 year old goalkeeper Sam Tickle, who plays for Wigan Athletic,
    the player has been called up for England under 21's this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Everton FC said, to be looking at 21 year old goalkeeper Sam Tickle, who plays for Wigan Athletic,
    the player has been called up for England under 21's this season.
    Don't know anything about Everton and Victor. There is however a whisper doing the rounds of the agents that Man Utd will sign Pickford this window. Not an expensive signing in £ terms but a statement of intent from INEOS in signing the England keeper. If that is true then Everton will be looking for a keeper, not seen Everton play for a while but can't imagine that Dyche will be playing it out from the back all that often.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast