+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I felt we'd got a proper manager at last when he did the post match interview after we'd drawn 2-2 at home to Chesterfield with the fans booing at 0-2 down and the way he handled the social media fall out between fans and players.

Anybody who thinks he should turn a job down two levels higher at a club averaging 17k last season and relatively safe needs to get real. Just be glad nobody poached him before he got us out of the NL hell hole.

I'd love to see him do well at Swansea. Top top bloke.
    I agree. There are some posts that show bitterness and sour grapes on this thread and that's unfair in my opinion. The man can love the club, love the fans, love the city and still leave. It will no doubt be a wrench like it would have been for Ruben Rodrigues.

But we have to remember it is football, it's these peoples livelihoods. They (and we) all know the industry they work in can be very fickle, ruthless and that a player or coaches shelf life can be short. Why begrudge someone for wanting to better themselves and their family because that is what a move to a club two leagues higher and closer to home would be. I would envisage we would all do the same. In some aspects it would be silly to not take the opportunity if presented.

Of course like any fan I'm gutted to hear the news and if and when it's confirmed then LW for me will always be up there with the best managers we have had in the past 30 years and be held in high regard for bringing us back to where we belong. That is the job he had to do and he did it. The memories of last season will be there forever and he will always be a Notts legend in my mind for being a part of the undeniable heroes.

As to the future I have more hope than in any other period since Derek Pavis was chairman that the Brothers will have their targets in mind to carry the baton on and keep the club moving forwards and onwards and upwards and continue with their philosophy and style of football and whilst there maybe a period of adjustment we won't fall back.

The timing of this couldn't be much worse, in a playoff spot and the opening of the transfer window. Are new players keen on coming when they don't know who the manager is going to be? He's done half a job and I think he'll come to regret this decision.

I knew it was a bad omen when the council got rid of the scooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...s-take-9012323
    What a turncoat. When he joined Notts wasn't he critical of how things were run at Swansea?
    Who on earth believes anything the lazy journalists if you can call them that at Nottinghamshire Live write???? All they do is sit on Tw@tter or whatever it's call today all day and wait

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...s-take-9012323
    What a turncoat. When he joined Notts wasn't he critical of how things were run at Swansea?
    It was Swindon.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I agree. There are some posts that show bitterness and sour grapes on this thread and that's unfair in my opinion. The man can love the club, love the fans, love the city and still leave. It will no doubt be a wrench like it would have been for Ruben Rodrigues.

But we have to remember it is football, it's these peoples livelihoods. They (and we) all know the industry they work in can be very fickle, ruthless and that a player or coaches shelf life can be short. Why begrudge someone for wanting to better themselves and their family because that is what a move to a club two leagues higher and closer to home would be. I would envisage we would all do the same. In some aspects it would be silly to not take the opportunity if presented.

Of course like any fan I'm gutted to hear the news and if and when it's confirmed then LW for me will always be up there with the best managers we have had in the past 30 years and be held in high regard for bringing us back to where we belong. That is the job he had to do and he did it. The memories of last season will be there forever and he will always be a Notts legend in my mind for being a part of the undeniable heroes.

As to the future I have more hope than in any other period since Derek Pavis was chairman that the Brothers will have their targets in mind to carry the baton on and keep the club moving forwards and onwards and upwards and continue with their philosophy and style of football and whilst there maybe a period of adjustment we won't fall back.
    excellent post and exactly what I feel

From Swansea Independent

Our latest.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...ansea-**latest

We did a profile on Williams and Harley a few weeks back.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...tential-costs-

Cheers.

We are a tad concerned on his defensive strategy btw.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Depends. There could be a gentlemans agreement when he signed the new contract between the bros & LW that he could at least talk to any championship club if they were to come looking
    If he did stay, would the players give him 100% knowing that he wanted to go.....I'm not so sure that they would...But its a shame if he does go, as he has rejuvenated our club..

Quote Originally Posted by Swansea.Independent View Post
    Our latest.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...ansea-**latest

We did a profile on Williams and Harley a few weeks back.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...tential-costs-

Cheers.

We are a tad concerned on his defensive strategy btw.
    As are we.

Definitely a big blow for the club, players and fans, but that’s the price we pay for success and playing such an attractive brand of football. Can’t blame LW or RH for making the most of their current status as hot young coaches - they deserve the chance.

They’re also leaving a very attractive project behind for the next young coach to follow in their footsteps. Our last two managers have now jumped up two divisions because of their work at Notts - frustrating for us, but shows we’re clearly doing something right.

Page 20 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast