+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 88 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

I've got a hunch Luke isn't leaving until our upward momentum really is spent. I don't think our present circumstances meet that criteria.

If the club doesn't do any decent recruiting in January, then I might begin to worry. But if we do he'd be nuts to take a big risk to move up. Look at IB. He will not want to repeat that roller coaster ride. His best long play is here for at least the end of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    I've got a hunch Luke isn't leaving until our upward momentum really is spent. I don't think our present circumstances meet that criteria.

If the club doesn't do any decent recruiting in January, then I might begin to worry. But if we do he'd be nuts to take a big risk to move up. Look at IB. He will not want to repeat that roller coaster ride. His best long play is here for at least the end of this season.
    I agree - it would be a huge personal gamble for Luke to leave what is an excellent setup at Notts. He's adored here, and we're on an upwards trajectory. In terms of a club suiting him, it's about as good as it gets. That said, a move to Swansea would change his coaching profile overnight and probably triple his salary.

I hope he stays. The project is only just getting started, and he's the perfect man for the job. He's already a Notts legend, but he has the opportunity to become one of our all-time greatest managers/coaches if he sticks around and we continue to progress, which I think we will. If he manages to take us to the brink of the Championship, he'll be talked about alongside Sirrel and Warnock. But if he leaves, he'll leave with nothing but my gratitude and best wishes. What a guy.

Whatever happens, I trust the bros to guide us forward. They're the only irreplaceable part of this.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 30-12-2023 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I agree - it would be a huge personal gamble for Luke to leave what is an excellent setup at Notts. He's adored here, and we're on an upwards trajectory. In terms of a club suiting him, it's about as good as it gets. That said, a move to Swansea would change his coaching profile overnight and probably triple his salary.

I hope he stays. The project is only just getting started, and he's the perfect man for the job. He's already a Notts legend, but he has the opportunity to become one of our all-time greatest managers/coaches if he sticks around and we continue to progress, which I think we will. If he manages to take us to the brink of the Championship, he'll be talked about alongside Sirrel and Warnock. But if he leaves, he'll leave with nothing but my gratitude and best wishes. What a guy.
    Well put. Hasn't he described players who have wanted to stay because they are happy and appreciated as clever? Let's hope he follows the same thought process!

Probably no surprise after last night's results to see that LW has replaced Sheehan as the favourite once again (Bet Victor and Skybet).

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post

I think Luke's previous unhappy experience at Swindon is to our advantage because he's seen what can happen if the structure of the club isn't right, no matter how good the manager might be. We're going to have to get used to Luke being the favourite for virtually every job that appears at the higher levels, but he's said himself that he won't trade excellence for mediocrity. It depends what he thinks when he looks at the structure and identity of a club like Swansea (today, rather than a few years ago) and compares it with Notts.
    Last edited by jackal2; 30-12-2023 at 11:00 AM.

It's a lovely drive to south Wales but doing it all the time must be tedious, it's the family in Wales that worries me. 😟

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    It's a lovely drive to south Wales but doing it all the time must be tedious, it's the family in Wales that worries me. ��
    I'd be worried if I had family in Wales too!

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    It's a lovely drive to south Wales but doing it all the time must be tedious, it's the family in Wales that worries me. 😟
    Don't know about a lovely drive . I had a girlfriend in Cardiff , and drove down there on many occasions for six years . It's mostly Motorway , and then you get to Monmouth, and it starts to rain.

Dylan Thomas came from Swansea, and summed things up "The land of my fathers. My fathers can have it " , so hopefully Luke will bear that in mind.

( I absolutely loved Cardiff though)

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    Don't know about a lovely drive . I had a girlfriend in Cardiff , and drove down there on many occasions for six years . It's mostly Motorway , and then you get to Monmouth, and it starts to rain.

Dylan Thomas came from Swansea, and summed things up "The land of my fathers. My fathers can have it " , so hopefully Luke will bear that in mind.

( I absolutely loved Cardiff though)
    Gavin, what was her name ? It wasn't stacey by any chance was it?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Gavin, what was her name ? It wasn't stacey by any chance was it?
    No . Not "occurrin" I fear . Barry is twelve miles down the " coast" from Cardiff

Page 4 of 88 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast