+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 58 of 88 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Not sure why it's an issue for fans on a message board to name potential candidates, they will all have their merits and faults, that's why they are discussed on platforms such as this. Yes, we could all just say nothing and wait for an official announcement, but where's the fun in that?
    I get what you are saying. However, when the suggestions are polar opposites to what the bros have done, it kind of makes no sense. Same with players - suggestions of tough tackling midfielder or head and kick it CB. It’s no longer our club identity that we have those types of players or head coaches. I like what we are doing.. the fact we are now able to make money on assets is something that is alien to us.

Also, we're on Eng C duty again this season for x 2 games so will do our best to pick as many Chesterfield players as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Yes but he is human and 99% of people would do exactly the same.

Players like Langstaff/Jones want the same so will be hungry to keep performing.

Most players would understand and they seem to love working for him no chance they just down tools.
    I honestly don't know I would feel if it doesn't happen.

Part of me says that it wouldn't be a problem, part of me wonders whether the 'blip' coincided with the Oxford talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I get what you are saying. However, when the suggestions are polar opposites to what the bros have done, it kind of makes no sense. Same with players - suggestions of tough tackling midfielder or head and kick it CB. It’s no longer our club identity that we have those types of players or head coaches. I like what we are doing.. the fact we are now able to make money on assets is something that is alien to us.
    Don't disagree with that, but it's those big differences in opinion along with a potential lack of understanding that makes the debate a little more colourful shall we say!

Notts should be looking for a L1 head coach or one from the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    What a load of rubbish!!! - You can’t fault anyone for being ambitious, if the move fell through, he would just carry on doing a great job for Notts. On a personal note, I really hope he does stay.
    Rubbish? What are you talking about? I'm not faulting him, if he sees an opportunity then fine go for it Luke. Of course he would carry on doing a great job if this falls through, until the next offer came in.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    Personally I think that his position at Notts would be untenable if the Swansea move breaks down. That's not just an emotional thing, it's simply that we would be on notice that he's not devoted to the cause and would be off the first chance he got.
    Sadly, I agree. It's like watching your girlfriend flirt with the richer, more attractive guy at the bar. Actually, it's more like your girlfriend going to the richer, more attractive guy's house to discuss their potential future together. Sort of.

This is a step on from rumours. He's in advanced talks, has cleared his desk (according to Dan the photographer on Stagsnet), and has left a player to take training. He wants to become the Swansea manager. Very difficult to just return to normal after that.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 05-01-2024 at 11:39 AM.

In the age of everyone having a camera on their phone it's odd that no one seems to have a pic of LW leaving Notts or arriving at Swansea. Or even taking the training session he was suppose to have taken even though he is still technically Notts coach and would possibly breach his contract. It's like the americans and Big Foot

I spoke to a mate who's a Swansea supporter and he said "no disrespect but we'd surely be looking at bigger named coaches not someone who used to work here"

Karl Robinson appointed head coach at Salford, thank god for that!

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Sadly, I agree. It's like watching your girlfriend flirt with the richer, more attractive guy at the bar. Actually, it's more like your girlfriend going to the richer, more attractive guy's house to discuss their potential future together. Sort of.

This is a step on from rumours. He's in advanced talks, has cleared his desk (according to Dan the photographer on Stagsnet), and has left a player to take training. He wants to become the Swansea manager. Very difficult to just return to normal after that.
    To be fair, Dan would know.

Page 58 of 88 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast