+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 61 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

I wish him all the best...apart from if/when his teams play us.

I've always subscribed to the theory that football club progress isn't always about hanging on to your best people no matter what. It's about a system that takes a person, develops them and if/when a better opportunity for them comes along that's a big step up then they are allowed to go for a fair financial settlement or fee. Then the cycle begins again. If you've a strong club identity and style you wish to play (like we do) AND you can show how you develop and allow people to progress your calibre of candidate begins to rise.

It's when we start taking the scatter gun approach to managers like we have in the past that I worry.

The club right now has a style of play, a great squad and a strong league position. It won't be about getting a 'name', it'll be about getting someone who can move us/themselves forward.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    He said L1 or Championship ‘Head Coach’
    Yeah but I think he meant as I said as nobody higher up the food chain will drop down as the money isnt as good.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Pie_Man View Post
    The longer this saga continues, the more likely it appears that there are "issues" with any "deal".

It wouldn't surprise me now if the entire "deal" collapses - quite where that leaves us moving forward with a coach who clearly wants to leave is anyone's guess.
    I wonder if the "issues" are between LW and Swansea or more relating to compensation between the two clubs. I'd imagine the latter. We're in a strong position with him under contract for years.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    Swansea are a Championship team
    They are and at the minute all they are talking about is a darts player !!

Notts media team have been missing all this week.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Not sure why it's an issue for fans on a message board to name potential candidates, they will all have their merits and faults, that's why they are discussed on platforms such as this. Yes, we could all just say nothing and wait for an official announcement, but where's the fun in that?
    Exactly, I'm not sure why anyone would have a problem with it. So it's ok for Luke to say he wants to leave but not ok for us to talk about his replacement? **** that. We're Notts County not Luke County.

I don't think it will happen but there has to be a slight concern that Burchnall will return, seeing that he was spotted (and recorded) at Meadow Lane recently.
    When Burch arrived, it almost felt like we'd got a Steve Evans type in comparison to Ardley, but LW then showed that there really wasn't much difference between Burch and Ardley.
    If you have a larger than life owner then it makes more sense to have a reserved character in the dugout, you need that balance, but with the owners we've got I really do feel we need somebody with a bit of oomph who can rally the troops.
    Won't be easy to fill LW's boots - whoever it is and whatever his credentials - with the comparisons that will inevitably be made.

Come on Notts media team! Sort it bloody out, we should know before the general public, this has become agonising and farcical

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    If it doesn't go through then great. I don't begrudge LW the chance to leap up two divisions and countless pounds in his bank account. If he stays I'm still right behind him and it would even further enhance the Bros. reputation too. He'd still be the best man for the job IMO, and that's what counts.
    This is where I'm at. Notts would surely have needed to have given permission for LW to talk to Swansea first place if they have made an approach.

I would have no resentment or ill feeling towards LW if the deal fell through and for me it would be business as usual. It's new territory for us and I'd sooner us be in a position where our managers are wanted by other clubs two leagues higher rather than nobody wanting them and we be keep having to sack managers.

It's something we have to learn to live with and shows the club are doing something right.

Someone just posted "confirmed" so presume LW there

Page 61 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast