+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 66 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

On Swansea's OS he says he wants them to be mean defensively. If only we had been!

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    But it is somewhat a surprise to me that he's taken the bait. I'm sure the decision wasn't easy and I fear that there's an element that he did not see us in League 1 next season.

Taken the edge a bit off my admiration for him despite his achievement at getting us out of the NL. Was hoping for another Sirrel or at least a Warnock. Now more of a Cotteril or Fat Sam (without the dishonesty).

Ah well - as someone once said "We are Notts County, we move on". But never a dull moment to add to our ever strained stress levels just when we were starting to relax.

C'mon BROS, do your stuff.
    Yeah, I was hoping Luke could take us further and stick around to become the third legendary manager in the club's history, but no. Never mind. Thanks for the memories and all the best.

JIM O'BRIEN'S TEMPORARY BLACK AND WHITE ARMY!

Seriously though, no need to mope. We have the right owners to progress regardless of who decides to leave along the way. Given that we're in no danger of getting relegated, this season is a free hit as far as I'm concerned. Let's continue to build.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 05-01-2024 at 02:32 PM.

Anyone else think Notts statement was a little cold? Compare and contrast with the ones with Burchnall and Ardley. It could be that Jason Turner isn't around now but I get the feeling the club aren't entirely happy

Anyone familiar with George Lawtey’s coaching role at the club, which we will now also need to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post

jim o'brien's temporary black and white army!
    coyp!

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    JOB's coaching qualification

The UEFA A Licence is one level below the UEFA Pro Licence and allows holders to be head coaches of youth teams up to age 18, reserve teams (also known as 'B' teams) for top-flight clubs, and men's professional second-tier clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Anyone familiar with George Lawtey’s coaching role at the club, which we will now also need to fill.
    Whoever he was, he was crap and they are welcome to him..

I will be forever grateful to Luke for getting us back in the Football League

But no way is he irreplaceable

Most wins in a season, most goals in a season, most goals scored by a player in a season. The most exciting season of recent times. Best football for years. Highest gates for years.

Fantastic rapport with supporters, honest, decent, passionate, gave everything. Oh and the masterstroke of bringing Mair on at Wembley.

Thank you Luke Williams, you deserve this opportunity. And you're leaving it club in a much better state than when you arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    I suspect our long term plan is to be a Brighton.
    Absolutely!

Page 66 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast