+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 40 of 88 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    He didn't. If he wanted to speak to the squad first, let's say it was an hour. He'd have left at 10ish to get to swansea, that's a 4 hour journey, so he's only done a 30 minutes training session?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    That would have been impressive as he was also supposed to be saying his goodbyes to our team today!
    The operative word I used was If. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    So you'd just sack him then?
    No because then we would have to pay him off

And if it did fall through then he's still a good manager and would have renewed vigour for the rest of this season to take us up. Not that it will fall through by now. What I would like is some new manager gossip, will we appoint a good manager from lower down? Will it be a coach or assistant somewhere especially with the bros preference of a first team coach? Will it be one of those blooming foreigners coming over here taking our.......team upto League one? As Soccerman says We are Notts County, we move on!

So many on here are conflating media messages with Luke's own situation. When the time comes, he will make a dignified announcement because that's the kind of chap he seems to be. So why can't we keep our dignity and wish him all the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    If it all falls through regardless, LWs position becomes untenable anyway surely?
    I suppose he could try to spin something along the line of
    It is a top club in terms of facilities etc etc
    I've worked there before.
    I live close by and owed it to my family to consider the offer.
    However, I have rejected the position and will be staying at Notts. A fantastic club with fantastic owners, players and fans.

Would we be happy at that?

Stupid fantasy I know.

Has there been any solid proof that he's even interested in the Swansea job let alone been interviewed for it???

All I've seen is non credible websites/people making assumptions and the odd BBC page employing lazy journalism with no evidence. Just lots of may be, could be, possibly

Luke's probably laughing his head off

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Has there been any solid proof that he's even interested in the Swansea job let alone been interviewed for it???

All I've seen is non credible websites/people making assumptions and the odd BBC page employing lazy journalism with no evidence. Just lots of may be, could be, possibly

The sources (journalists from The Athletic) are credible and don't tend to deal in rumours.

I hope you're right!

This is a whole level above the Oxford rumours. IF they are rumours then once the Beeb started reporting it the club (or LW as an individual) should have put out a statement. This is unsettling and the supporters (those that LW loves) should be treated a little bit better. Now of course if it's more than a rumour and things are still at the negotiating table then nothing will be said which is where we are, nothing being said.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    This is a whole level above the Oxford rumours. IF they are rumours then once the Beeb started reporting it the club (or LW as an individual) should have put out a statement. This is unsettling and the supporters (those that LW loves) should be treated a little bit better. Now of course if it's more than a rumour and things are still at the negotiating table then nothing will be said which is where we are, nothing being said.
    That's just because Swansea are bigger club than Oxford. The BBC are just lazy and don't do their own investigations for these sort of things, they just trawl the internet for a story. The Athletic is the same, it's purely interested in fishing for subscribers $$$$

Page 40 of 88 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast