+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Partick at Home

Partick at Home

This is a tough match in this division and our home record has not great

The defence has been sound and picks itself

If we were to change formation then would be sensible to keep back 4

One option 4-3-3 Sibbald Glass Fotheringham / Doc if fit midfield and then top 3 Cudjoe/ Mochrie Moult and Middleton

4-4-2 could have Fotheringham Sibbald Doc Middleton. Watt and Moult up front.

Just some ideas away from the 4-2-3-1

Anyway main thing is to WIN

Come on United !!!!

Yeah, all Partick are aiming for is the play off spot, they won't win the league. Any slip ups and Raith can really put the boot in tomorrow.

Why anyone would consider Watt as a starting option for us utterly baffles me, especially after his abject performance at Hampden. Got to be Mochrie at #10.

4141 for me please
    Walton
    Grims Galla Holt Mcmann
    Sibs
    Kai Mochrie Glass Middleton
    Moult

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Why anyone would consider Watt as a starting option for us utterly baffles me, especially after his abject performance at Hampden. Got to be Mochrie at #10.
    100%. Particularly second half - he put in what can only be described as a ‘classic’ TW performance. Hie work rate in terms of work off the ball was shockingly bad and he looked completely uninterested. Oh, except for pointing. Yes, he was very good at pointing around at everybody else (except himself of course). It was absolutely no surprise when he was subbed.

The other thing from last week and what is a massive problem when Docherty is out is where Sibbald is played. I thought that Tillson was brought in as a direct like for like replacement for Doc when required, but instead last week it was Sibbald who was constantly sat right in front of the back four collecting the ball which essentially meant he was playing far too deep and in no position to influence things further forward. It’s one of the major side effects of Dochrty’s absence - it’s taking Sibbald away from where he is most effective, playing in a more offensive midfield position. Which brings me back to Tillson last week. What was his actual job last week as a result? I honestly couldn’t work out what he was actually meant to be doing. Except for running about a lot of course.

We need to back to winning games again, would take a scrappy 1-0 , no about performance at the moment

A win is essential and all the recent hasbeens should be looking over their shoulders as they should be getting chopped

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    A win is essential and all the recent hasbeens should be looking over their shoulders as they should be getting chopped
    There's no one to replace them with and they know it

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    His 30th birthday today Terry. Would you give him another chance?

Watt bullied Neilson last time so hoping he can do it again. But he has been dug****e for weeks now really needs to get the finger out

Middleton and Moult been poor for a few weeks too but face no completion for their place.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)