+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match thread v Morecambe 29.12.23 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Goodness knows what Macca Hatrick is now valued at, as his hat trick goal has proved that he can now score that type of goal, from his new role. which are necessary.
    It was a sublime performance from Notts today with so many players interchanging their positions, seamlessly. It was a very emotional game for me, on the day it was confirmed I have liver cancer, at best.
    COYP
    Really sorry to hear that, 59, that performance was for you. Stay strong and keeping my fingers crossed for you. My dad had four different forms of cancer in his lifetime, and all I can tell you from his experience is that maintaining a positive attitude was the most important thing for him.

Interesting post-match interview with the Morecambe manager. Acknowledged that it could have been a cricket score, but a couple of erroneous comments - that we have one of the best budgets in the league and that because of the big crowds, we’re always more likely to get penalties at home. Wasn’t last night just our second of the season?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAu97x71S9g

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    I certainly wouldn’t get too excited overall. There was some brilliant play, and the third goal was a sublime move capped off with a very accurate header from Crowley. Langstaff’s hat trick was a masterclass of finishing. But we were a bit lucky at times and need to be careful not to believe our own publicity - several times we got away with risky or sloppy passing. It was still as dominant a performance as we could wish for. Well worth the £10 on iFollow.
    Unless your expectation is 100% possession with 100% pass completion, I can’t fathom how we were in anyway lucky?
    Our passing was as fluid and accurate as you could hope to see. They were chasing shadows to the point that they made 2 substitutions after 28 minutes.
    We were 3-0 up before they’d even touched the ball in our half.

Goodness knows what Macca Hatrick is now valued at, as his hat trick goal has proved that he can now score that type of goal, from his new role. which are necessary.
    It was a sublime performance from Notts today with so many players interchanging their positions, seamlessly. It was a very emotional game for me, on the day it was confirmed I have liver cancer, at best.
    COYP
    Sorry to hear that 59. Thoughts are with you.

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    That's terrible news 59 best wishes to you all.
    Best wishes from all of us 59.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Interesting post-match interview with the Morecambe manager. Acknowledged that it could have been a cricket score, but a couple of erroneous comments - that we have one of the best budgets in the league and that because of the big crowds, we’re always more likely to get penalties at home. Wasn’t last night just our second of the season?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAu97x71S9g
    Yeah, we have a midtable budget abd I believe we have the least amount of penalties given or one of the lowest. However we are the most fouled team but have the most bookings with the least fouls given. Nothing highlights that more than Brindley getting booked last night and one of the subs they bought on after 20 odd mins not getting booked for an equally similar foul

Last edited by countygump; 30-12-2023 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Until seeing the highlights I hadn't really appreciated Stone's role in starting two of the moves that led to goals. One good forward pass to Crowley and one to McGoldrick. Fair play to him for the distribution on those.
    Agreed. I've been one of his (and Sloco's) critics but 'Hands of Stone' played really well last night, credit where it's due.

COYP
    Sorry to hear that buddy,i probably dont know you but i hope that you have the best life possible.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast