+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Allow me to be the first to say this FARKE OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Unlike some, I have 2 balls.
    Therefore that’s three points.

Thankyou
    In fairness, I did have a torsion via running in 1991. Everyone called me 'Andy One Ball'.

Let’s go back to the madcap on field days of Massimo… the more you sack managers, the less likely you’ll get a better manager to apply for the job

sell Bampuff, Gnonto, Cooper, Ayling.

get them off his players to choose from and let him work with some of the youth players. I"m sure he's under pressure to play those players from management.

who we brining in? remember the world class coching options we had last when we were in the prem???? think the championship is a bigger draw to coaches?

BTW whens the last time we won a game with cooper starting?

Farke should get to the end of the season to show what he can do. If we are out of the play offs then it's the sack. If we are promoted then it's very good. If we lose in play offs it depends on how the entire season went.
    Some poor results and performances away from home so far ( not helped by referees....again). But we need to see what unfolds. We are capable of winning multiple games to keep pressure on our rivals.

Think its a bit too early yet, although the gap between us and clubs in 6,7,8 position has narrowed over the past 2-3 weeks.
    Current squad is decent for this league, most clubs would easily take 3-4 of our players, but yes, should be doing better. Jan window coming up, ideally we could do with say 3 recruits. If the 49ers support Farke in window, and then results still not great, then possibly it could be time for the dreaded BFH - would think even where we were in Aug / Sept, the minimum the 49ers would accept is a crack at the play-offs

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer999 View Post
    Farke should get to the end of the season to show what he can do. If we are out of the play offs then it's the sack. If we are promoted then it's very good. If we lose in play offs it depends on how the entire season went.
    Some poor results and performances away from home so far ( not helped by referees....again). But we need to see what unfolds. We are capable of winning multiple games to keep pressure on our rivals.
    We are capable, that much I agree with. The team have shown that against the kind of team that will be competing for auto promotion and/or playoff places. However we don't do so consistently, and as I've said on other threads, players don't suddenly become bad, that takes direction/coaching.

We have a precedent.....more or less the same side that was regularly finishing mid-table in the Championship was galvanised by a truly remarkable coach, Mr Bielsa And win promotion as champions. Had the club backed Bielsa, that success might have been repeated. Obviously it wasn't.

Now we have players who can beat the best, they just don't. Farke has eyes and a brain and can (or should) identify what works and what doesn't, but fails to exploit the former and eradicate the latter. He has had half a season to learn/change. It was suggested that Marsch should be given longer to show his worth and thise siren voices were listened to and we all know what happened.

Win against Brum and the rest of the games in January and he might survive. Lose against Brum and he should be looking for a new job in 2024.

Pretty much how I see it sniff.

We do need to be aware that all of a sudden we could be in danger of been sucked into a battle for a play-off spot which is really crackers considering it was only 2 games ago we were hoping to hunt down Ipswich in 2nd spot.

But when you lose 2 games on the trot to play-off contenders and the team chasing 2nd spot with you picks up 2 wins , opening up a very nice 6 point cushion in the process , in the blink of an eye your looking behind you instead of in front.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Pretty much how I see it sniff.

We do need to be aware that all of a sudden we could be in danger of been sucked into a battle for a play-off spot which is really crackers considering it was only 2 games ago we were hoping to hunt down Ipswich in 2nd spot.

But when you lose 2 games on the trot to play-off contenders and the team chasing 2nd spot with you picks up 2 wins , opening up a very nice 6 point cushion in the process , in the blink of an eye your looking behind you instead of in front.
    Can't argue with that Rev. That's how simple we could also pull it back. There are plenty of games. However we need to start asap. Leicester are up and we are currently in a race for automatic with Ipswich and Southampton.
    I wouldn't want play offs but in reality we would have a fair chance of going up via that route.
    Barring a total collapse I don't see any chance of Farke going before end of the season.
    January could be interesting. Who is going ? Who is coming in ? Could make a big difference.
    3 points v Birmingham is required to get the confidence back.

Can't argue with that Rev. That's how simple we could also pull it back. There are plenty of games. However we need to start asap. Leicester are up and we are currently in a race for automatic with Ipswich and Southampton.
    I wouldn't want play offs but in reality we would have a fair chance of going up via that route.
    Barring a total collapse I don't see any chance of Farke going before end of the season.
    January could be interesting. Who is going ? Who is coming in ? Could make a big difference.
    3 points v Birmingham is required to get the confidence back.
    Ups and downs mate as always.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)