+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Allow me to be the first to say this FARKE OUT

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    A dramatic fall off? The last 6 games Leeds have taken 1 pt more than their rivals… The last 12 games 1 pt more than the Farmers and 8 more than Foxes… maybe it’s just the last 2?..whatever your exact cut off, he has been remarkable since taking over, I’d like to see Joseph ahead of Barndoor and Cress ahead of Coops, but hardly makes him a dunce, and what if either young player have a poor game from a start (it’s likely to happen early in their appearances) what then?
    Much was made of the unbeaten run that the club went on since the New Year. THAT'S my cut off point, compare what we did in the first two months of 2024 with the last month, in terms of both results and how we achieved them.

As to playing new blood, the possibility of an off game is ever-present, so you would suggest never playing them to avoid that risk, so why have them at all? I suspect that many thought playing Gray was a risk, and some on here suggested playing him as often as he has was a risk to his long-term future no matter what the immediate performance was like. What we be like now had he not played.?

What matters is the next 5 games, and I say again, there is no evidence that Farke knows how to get the team playing as they did when up against the likes of Leicester, Ipswich and lets not forget the stellar performance against Chelsea)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Albeit a couple of those mentioned have dropped off a bit in form in recent matches....but hear hear!
    I've said on many occasions that the earlier performances of Firpo and Rutter have improved no end, and that playing Gray has been a refreshing sign of his willingness to play young players, etc etc. That's all well and good, but it doesn't mean anything when looking at the next 5 games and the drop in performance that followed that unbeaten run appears to be something Farke has no answer for.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    Ok I’ll have a go.

Which of the top 3 teams hasn’t wobbled recently? It’s not just Leeds.

Study the remaining fixtures, study the last few games in the last few seasons across all 4 leagues. It’s very normal to see tension playing a massive part in fixtures. This is far from over and both you and WTF would never have thought last May that Leeds would be where they are now. Enjoy it! Farke has been a breath of fresh air and we’re lucky to have him imo. Yes he makes mistakes - he ain’t AI just yet!

Give him and the team some slack - we are still in the race for autos and you or WTF can’t argue logically against that. Enjoy it ffs.
    Fair enough, I am only half the miserable chunt now that i was on Tuesday night.
    Of course I would have taken where we are now in May, but knowing that it could be even better, and having been in a position of automatic promotion at least 3 times, we have managed to fk it up, and I find that hard to take.
    No threat from corners or free kicks. Tippy tappy triangles back to the keeper. No seemingly sense of urgency or desire considering that other results have left things on a plate for us. Let's just wait and walk the ball in. And don't start me on subs. With all of that, the buck stops at 1 man.
    I'll still celebrate and say what a great manager he is though whenever beat Southampton for promotion with the last kick of the game. 😄😄

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Fair enough, I am only half the miserable chunt now that i was on Tuesday night.
    Of course I would have taken where we are now in May, but knowing that it could be even better, and having been in a position of automatic promotion at least 3 times, we have managed to fk it up, and I find that hard to take.
    No threat from corners or free kicks. Tippy tappy triangles back to the keeper. No seemingly sense of urgency or desire considering that other results have left things on a plate for us. Let's just wait and walk the ball in. And don't start me on subs. With all of that, the buck stops at 1 man.
    I'll still celebrate and say what a great manager he is though whenever beat Southampton for promotion with the last kick of the game. 😄😄
    Good on ya 🙂🤞

Just saying - Farkes done a great job considering Leeds do owe £190 million in transfer instalments on player purchases, £73.6 million of which is due before year end June 2024. This perhaps highlights the difficult circumstances under which Leeds operated during the summer !

Leeds United's 2022/23 accounts were released on Wednesday evening in which the Whites reported a £33.7 million loss after player sales.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....vealed-4587025

Fair shout with all that Billy. Except for one point in my view. The buck stops at 1 man. It does with subs and possession tactics....but "sense of urgency or desire" has to belong to the players...surely? 😮

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Fair shout with all that Billy. Except for one point in my view. The buck stops at 1 man. It does with subs and possession tactics....but "sense of urgency or desire" has to belong to the players...surely? 😮
    Are they being taught possession and patience above all else though. That's all well and good when you're a couple of goals up, but when you're chasing the game for a result, it tears my fkin hair out.

The side that ripped Ipswich a new arsehole 4-0 at Elland Road , that is the side I want to see for the last 4 games.

That is all.

Are they being taught possession and patience above all else though. That's all well and good when you're a couple of goals up, but when you're chasing the game for a result, it tears my fkin hair out.
    I'm hearing you pal. The possession around and around does my head in too! Especially when we desperately need to score. Was more talking about the desire and effort of the players with so much on the line. The buzz around them from a few weeks ago seems to have disappeared to a huge degree. 🤔

I don’t mind possession so long as we do something with it and attack rather than play safe passes and hoping the other side bites.

There is a reason fly fishing isn’t a huge spectator sport and aimless risk free possession based tactics seem a little like that.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)