+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Allow me to be the first to say this FARKE OUT

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Oh no now Foxes lose at Argyle, what a disaster, a complete disgrace blah blah…
    Not sure what the f00k that has to do with Farkes management of the LUFC 1st team (the focus of the thread, unless you missed that?).

The ONLY relevance that the result tonight has (and that between Ipswich and Watford), is on what LUFC do, nothing else, and over recent weeks Farke has been completely incapable of taking advantage of the "help" others have given us. I don't give a flying f00k on how other fans feel about their clubs performance, ONLY what LUFC do and at present I see no response, or worse, a degraded one. Let's see what happens against Blackburn.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not sure what the f00k that has to do with Farkes management of the LUFC 1st team (the focus of the thread, unless you missed that?).

The ONLY relevance that the result tonight has (and that between Ipswich and Watford), is on what LUFC do, nothing else, and over recent weeks Farke has been completely incapable of taking advantage of the "help" others have given us. I don't give a flying f00k on how other fans feel about their clubs performance, ONLY what LUFC do and at present I see no response, or worse, a degraded one. Let's see what happens against Blackburn.
    You sad sad sad ………………..

I see it as yet another chance for us to take advantage…..please please do

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    You sad sad sad ………………..
    And wtf has that to with LUFC? Not much, but then again, with you, WS, BB, Tich and a couple of others, it doesn't matter as long as you can issue insults and childish comments, but you crack on, knock yourself out etc, means next to the square root of f00k all to me, haven't you worked that out yet (maybe that's a bit beyond you)?

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    I see it as yet another chance for us to take advantage…..please please do
    Said it before, a few times, it needs those who play, and those who coach/manage, to grasp that they have the chance to make a difference and take advantage of the help given to us (knowingly or otherwise) by others. About time they showed some recognition of that.

And wtf has that to with LUFC? Not much, but then again, with you, WS, BB, Tich and a couple of others, it doesn't matter as long as you can issue insults and childish comments, but you crack on, knock yourself out etc, means next to the square root of f00k all to me, haven't you worked that out yet (maybe that's a bit beyond you)?
    Ok then, Farke said this :-

I really like how emotional are supporters are. I was so interested to lead this club when I signed the contract. I know the potential this club has got.
    I was never naive when I signed a contract. Everyone is so emotional for this club and it's important you lead this club not like a flag in the wind. You've got to be capable of what you can do. You never take anything personally. You have to be calm when you lead this club.
    We have the best home record in the league. We have been by far the best team in the second half of the season. We have the best defensive record of all teams. We are not relying on one player. We share the goals. We don't rely on one player. We show what this club is about.
    We have created a group with spirit and identity. We have climbed the ladder step by step.

What do you like about the above?

Ok then, Farke said this :-

I really like how emotional are supporters are. I was so interested to lead this club when I signed the contract. I know the potential this club has got.
    I was never naive when I signed a contract. Everyone is so emotional for this club and it's important you lead this club not like a flag in the wind. You've got to be capable of what you can do. You never take anything personally. You have to be calm when you lead this club.
    We have the best home record in the league. We have been by far the best team in the second half of the season. We have the best defensive record of all teams. We are not relying on one player. We share the goals. We don't rely on one player. We show what this club is about.
    We have created a group with spirit and identity. We have climbed the ladder step by step.

What do you like about the above?
    Well, not sure what the relevance is, but here goes, what I like;

"I really like how emotional are supporters are. I was so interested to lead this club when I signed the contract. I know the potential this club has got."

"Everyone is so emotional for this club and it's important you lead this club not like a flag in the wind. You've got to be capable of what you can do. You never take anything personally. You have to be calm when you lead this club."

That's about it.

Al the "best of this and that" is subjective, based on selective interpretation of the statistics that are generally available and next to meaningless when we are in the stage of the season we are. NOW is what matters.

"We are not relying on one player", hmmm, so why is Bamford played when he is clearly NOT as effective a striker as he has been in the seasons leading up to promotion (which is some time ago, remember!).

If not Bamford, then Summerville, and not those two, who else "leads the line"? Rutter, James, who?

"We show what this club is about".....over recent weeks that would be a group of geriatrics playing walking football.

"We have created a group with spirit and identity", just what the f00k is that supposed to mean, and where is the EVIDENCE of such a groups creation?????

"We have climbed the ladder step by step", perhaps should be followed by "we have also slid down a few snakes"?

All irrelevant verbiage. Only what happens on the pitch is relevant, and as I said in post #91, what we do against Blackburn (especially in light of tonights result) will be season-defining

Well, not sure what the relevance is, but here goes, what I like;

"I really like how emotional are supporters are. I was so interested to lead this club when I signed the contract. I know the potential this club has got."

"Everyone is so emotional for this club and it's important you lead this club not like a flag in the wind. You've got to be capable of what you can do. You never take anything personally. You have to be calm when you lead this club."

That's about it.

Al the "best of this and that" is subjective, based on selective interpretation of the statistics that are generally available and next to meaningless when we are in the stage of the season we are. NOW is what matters.

"We are not relying on one player", hmmm, so why is Bamford played when he is clearly NOT as effective a striker as he has been in the seasons leading up to promotion (which is some time ago, remember!).

If not Bamford, then Summerville, and not those two, who else "leads the line"? Rutter, James, who?

"We show what this club is about".....over recent weeks that would be a group of geriatrics playing walking football.

"We have created a group with spirit and identity", just what the f00k is that supposed to mean, and where is the EVIDENCE of such a groups creation?????

"We have climbed the ladder step by step", perhaps should be followed by "we have also slid down a few snakes"?

All irrelevant verbiage. Only what happens on the pitch is relevant, and as I said in post #91, what we do against Blackburn (especially in light of tonights result) will be season-defining
    Still not happy that on the pitch we are a point behind after 42 games and have a superior goal diff 🤣

You must have believed we were certs then, last May?

Still not happy that on the pitch we are a point behind after 42 games and have a superior goal diff ��

You must have believed we were certs then, last May?
    Well at least I've managed to get you to focus on football, as opposed to insulting me, so progress made....

None of what was quoted in the Farke statements related to present situation, only how he felt, his creation of some kind of spirit and identity, nothing about how we ensure that we take opportunities when they are offerd, and win when we can/should.

Like everyone else, I had no idea what position we would occupy in around a years time last year, but once 2024 dawned and our unbeaten run ensued, culminating in the superb performance against Chelsea (where I posted that we were the superior team for the majority of the match), it wasn't unreasonable to have high expectations, They have not been met, by and large, and I would imagine that over the last month or so most would agree.

And no, not happy about where we are, because had we been anywhere near as competitive as we were up to the end of February, automatic promotion would be almost guaranteed. Third place isn't enough, neither is second, or are you one of those who is satisfied with not coming first? (If so, I suspect you and Bielsa wouldn't get on so well). Margins are tight in football, and in this meatgrinder of a division even moreso, hence why I'm not satisfied with "also ran" performances, unlike some.

I have had a battle with WTF11 in the past, but it's on opinions and we aren't the same. I don’t hold grudges against him. We all can think what we like as that's our right. Slowly the Cancel Culture will erase that right if we let it. Sometimes I feel that to disagree with WTF11 seems more important than understanding what he says because that's 'cool'. I often agree with him, not always, but often. We all see things differently. It is now almost suicidal on here to agree with him. He's a Leeds fan as we all are. To me, he researches well and knows what point he wants to get across. I have three sisters who voted for Jacinda Ardern so I know what intellectually handicapped people are like, but WTF11 is no fool. Outspoken....yes. A fool.....no.
    I guess that puts me on the list. Oh well.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)