+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Total Football

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I just watched the game tonight in total amazement. That first half was just breathtaking.
    Our undoing this season hasn’t been the high press, it’s been the man marking.
    I think what we’re seeing is the answer to that. Players moving all over the pitch and dragging the opposition into an absolute state.
    In the second half tonight Morecambes centre back tracked McGoldrick all the way back to Aidan Stone. He was 50 yards out of position.
    I absolutely love this club at the moment.
    Never did I imagine I’d get to see Notts County playing this brand of football so convincingly. And it’s still evolving.
    This. The standard of football we play for league 2 is amazing really. The movements of the players, the runs and the opening up of space is top level.

I think Neil Ardley tried, or wanted to play a diamond but he couldn't get the players to perform it.
    I think we have players now that are more knowledgeable and a fantastic coach that can get his teachings across to them.

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    I think Neil Ardley tried, or wanted to play a diamond but he couldn't get the players to perform it.
    I think we have players now that are more knowledgeable and a fantastic coach that can get his teachings across to them.
    please NEVER mention that name again ! Thank you x

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    please NEVER mention that name again ! Thank you x
    Good manager or bad manager Pedro?

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    My google says that Neil Ardley is jazz musician, so no wonder he couldn't get the footballers to perform.

I see Neal Ardley on the other hand was the start of the journey we are on. Whilst he didn't keep us up (toxic setup) and narrowly missed out on getting us back up first time (not an easy task), I don't see that he was a failure and he didn't have the players that we've ended up with via Burchnall and then of course King Luke.

Interesting to note that Burchnall and Nolan appear to be coaching successfully at premiership sides. Also a couple of our ex players are doing well in higher leagues (Wootton, Ruben).

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Interesting to note that Burchnall and Nolan appear to be coaching successfully at premiership sides. Also a couple of our ex players are doing well in higher leagues (Wootton, Ruben).
    Wootton's still at Stockport isn't he??

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Wootton's still at Stockport isn't he??
    Ah well, still higher up (at the moment )

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123