+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Rams v Posh 1/1/24

Matchday Thread: Rams v Posh 1/1/24

8 wins and a draw from the last 9. Expecting 9+1 after this one. Won't be easy but it's only 6 weeks ago that we put Barnsley to the sword at PP and they drew away at Posh yesterday.

The game is also live on Sky, kick off 3PM.

An hour ago there were just 653 tickets left in the home end for this one. League 1, on Sky and looking like a sell out.

3-2 Derby.

Two tired sides who both fought back from 0-2 deficits last night...us to win and them to draw.
    Hope we can maintain the momentum and keep this fine run - the most convincing under PW’s management - going.

I think it was against the same opposition that Cash made his starting debut on a cold February afternoon two seasons ago. That afternoon resulted in Darren Ferguson’s resignation...sad to think that this time it might be EC’s last appearance in a Derby shirt.

Depending on the injury situation (if any) I sense we’ll add another 3 points but because, after predicting 2-2 at Oxford, the win came as such a great surprise...I’ll go 2-2 again and hope for more.

I also think a draw, and as it's between two high scoring teams and is on TV, I'll opt for 0-0. Of course if Rosenior was still manager then it would get a 2-0 win 😄

After a lively start we seem somewhat under the cosh!! 🤒

34% 66% possession in favour of Posh, 0-6 corners in favour of Posh!! They're too slick for us so far, though we are winning on pennos!! 🤣

2-3 couldn't hold on, but tbh a fair result, Posh were too strong for us. Ah well we regroup and go again.

Perhaps deserved a point. Perhaps didn't. Never confident that we'd hold on, they were always first to loose ball and more energetic.

No complaints, beaten by a good side

Disappointing but tbf the best team won.

I was going to say, ‘this was one of the most one sided 2-2 thrashings I’ve ever seen’...and then...after a great start we got what we deserved.
    Midfield horribly anonymous and if anyone’s been doubting the importance of the January window then they shouldn’t any longer.
    I’d have taken the 9/12 points over ‘Christmas’ but this league is essentially split into two parts now...the top eight and the rest.
    In that context this was a big defeat...men against boys (old men against hungry youngsters) and the boys won comfortably (4-2 wouldn’t have flattered them).
    On the plus side...we’re still very handily placed, Cashin looks like he’s staying, Elder looked useful at last and there’s money apparently available in January, but today we were outplayed by a side that looked fitter, stronger and better organised in every area.
    No excuses...need to get back on the ‘horse’ against physical Fleetwood on Saturday and work some wonders in the window.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)