+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Anyone still supporting the Millers May Day?

Brin,

I think it was a Chevette sponsored by Kirkby Central.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    gru, I can clearly recall the annual major prize and it was always a Vauxhall Viva being paraded around the pitch at Millmoor. Now convert that to an annual major prize day and you’re looking at maybe £10,000+ for a small hatchback. Something like that may incentivise more folk to gave a go at the MMD.

To make it look more professional and less embarrassing when drawing it, look how many now are actually in it and limit the numbers to be in line with them. There clearly isn't 1,500 members now so bring it down to a thousand. My number is 1016 but I wouldn't object to have a new number issued.

Major prize now it's £4,000 so must be less members. I'm ok with it how it is but it's not attracting new members.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    Brin,

I think it was a Chevette sponsored by Kirkby Central.
    Gains, it was indeed Kirky Central on Wellgate. It was a Chevette but I also saw a Viva. Ironically, Vauxhall revived the name 2 years ago but that model name soon finished.

Won the £1000 once
    Couple of consulation wins

It's not about what we've paid in over the years as our money has someway help support our club, however, it's stale and wants revamping.

Yeah I too have been a mayday member for many years, had a top prize of £1000 pound Christmas week about 10 years ago, nothing since but would fully support any upgrade UTM

The danger of revamping the May Day Draw is that it might give contributors an opportunity to stop all together. Reminding them that they are paying x pounds per month by a direct debit they don’t usually think about

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I've been giving this some thought. It really is so outdated now and needs a makeover/rethink taking it forward.

It's so cringeworthy when the draw is sometimes made and it takes as many as four draws until they pull a winner out. If you base that on the averages, it shows just how many have packed it in.

Personally I've been in it approximately 30 years, I've won the first prize twice and had one consolation £25 win. I know of others who have won it more times than me and one mate who, the last time we spoke, has never won a thing and he joined roughly the same time as me. The money collected does help fund something within the club, what exactly I don't know.

Has anyone got any ideas that may help and re launch a new kind of half time club incentive to get new participants omboard other than Millers May Day?

Currently it's:

First prize £1000
    2nd £40
    3rd £25.

Been in it for many years, have two numbers and had 1 £1000 and a couple of consolations.
    This thread prompted me to check on official site for results.Might be me but, can`t find any on there.
    It`s well outdated and obviously the club don`t think it`s worth promoting any more.Probably gonna pull out of it.
    Correction its on I Follow/Fans/Millers May Day
    Last edited by philthefluter; 02-01-2024 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Won it 4 times got 2 numbers. Is it just random numbers drawn out? If so if a valid number isn't drawn out straight away roll it over to next draw then £2,000 to the winner & so on. I'd scrap minor prizes & put that money to yearly major prize.

By random numbers mean up to the highest valid number.

Back in the early days if a very low number was drawn fans booed because they thought Boothy had those numbers. Cries of " fix"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast