+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: OT What is your favourite instrument?

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    CT, great to expand on this thread...I've been playing for around 25 years, I didn't start till I was around 44..wished I'd started earlier ! I play quite a lot of blues stuff, but like to have a go at anything..( geetarman was blues mad)..even though I've been playing for years, I'm still new to some things, as I love most types of music..on you tube, as you well know, there's all type of guitarists and teachers..if you haven't already done, check out Rob fennagh..the best of the best for me..he's a scouser, but relatively new to you tube, had his own chart band in the eighties, (alternative radio )
    And a very good player..he's done most acoustic stuff up to now, but he's going to do some electric work as well soon..all his stuff is free, what a great guy..
    P.s he goes under the name of fennagh Rob..

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    CT, great to expand on this thread...I've been playing for around 25 years, I didn't start till I was around 44..wished I'd started earlier ! I play quite a lot of blues stuff, but like to have a go at anything..( geetarman was blues mad)..even though I've been playing for years, I'm still new to some things, as I love most types of music..on you tube, as you well know, there's all type of guitarists and teachers..if you haven't already done, check out Rob fennagh..the best of the best for me..he's a scouser, but relatively new to you tube, had his own chart band in the eighties, (alternative radio )
    And a very good player..he's done most acoustic stuff up to now, but he's going to do some electric work as well soon..all his stuff is free, what a great guy..
    Millavanilla, thank you so much for introducing me to this! Really worth listening to and I shall probably now be spending more time than I should watching his videos. (The first one I opened was his rant against Bert Weedon's "Play In A Day". So funny and so true. Also very poignant since the book was the starting point for me when I bought my first guitar in 1962 aged 11. That's all we had then. That and ruining our records by constantly lifting and dropping the needle on a track to be learned!)

The only online teacher I consistently follow is Justin Sandercoe at https://www.justinguitar.com Justin is an Australian based in UK and he teaches well and in a very friendly style and has a load of free videos. I learned James Taylor's "Fire and Rain" and Don Maclean's "Vincent" from him.

My version of "You Can Close Your Eyes" on the family video was learned from Colin Davis's video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtvrQVD7TNk

Great to talk about this stuff. I'm going to PM you with my email address since our exchanges may get a bit boring for everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Millavanilla, thank you so much for introducing me to this! Really worth listening to and I shall probably now be spending more time than I should watching his videos. (The first one I opened was his rant against Bert Weedon's "Play In A Day". So funny and so true. Also very poignant since the book was the starting point for me when I bought my first guitar in 1962 aged 11. That's all we had then. That and ruining our records by constantly lifting and dropping the needle on a track to be learned!)

The only online teacher I consistently follow is Justin Sandercoe at https://www.justinguitar.com Justin is an Australian based in UK and he teaches well and in a very friendly style and has a load of free videos. I learned James Taylor's "Fire and Rain" and Don Maclean's "Vincent" from him.

My version of "You Can Close Your Eyes" on the family video was learned from Colin Davis's video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtvrQVD7TNk

Great to talk about this stuff. I'm going to PM you with my email address since our exchanges may get a bit boring for everybody else.
    Ok CT look forward to that..

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789