+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: OT What is your favourite instrument?

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Thanks, Millavanilla. Front two played everyday and for performing. (One kept in standard tuning; the other generally for variants. The Lowden has no pick-up; the other made by a lutenist pal has an L. R. Baggs under the saddle pick-up.) The classical and the twelve string once or twice a week. The sitar, bass and Epi just occasionally. The old one on the far right facing away just makes up the numbers - I can't bring myself to junk it!

What about you with your collection? All played regularly and anything very special to you.?
    Hi CT, i haven't got anything overly expensive like a martin or taylors etc..my two most expensive are a red tokai tele custom which cost me 500 + and a takamine acoustic at 400..the rest, well, harley strat copy, a crafter electric, a lovely sounding lindo acoustic, a3/4 nylon folk, and my latest cost just 99.99 ..a gear for music thinline electro acoustic incredible value for money set up with electrics etc..so easy to play

Quote Originally Posted by thaimillerfan View Post
    Panpipes are my favourite followed by guitar,violin
    I just like to blow my own trumpet !!

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    I just like to blow my own trumpet !!
    I'm just not flexible enough for that

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    Hi CT, i haven't got anything overly expensive like a martin or taylors etc..my two most expensive are a red tokai tele custom which cost me 500 + and a takamine acoustic at 400..the rest, well, harley strat copy, a crafter electric, a lovely sounding lindo acoustic, a3/4 nylon folk, and my latest cost just 99.99 ..a gear for music thinline electro acoustic incredible value for money set up with electrics etc..so easy to play
    Tokais and Takemines are always great value aren’t they? I’m not familiar with the others but the last one sounds very interesting. Do you have a link to one on sale?

My Lowden is a real joy. Bought new over 40 years ago and still in great nick. Not one of the high end Lowdens but a really sweet sound.

The handmade guitar is from this guy - the red cedar/Indian rosewood item that’s showing as the last item on his Inventory page if you’re interested. (I didn’t pay anything like the price shown; it’s a long story!)

www.cardenasguitars.com
    Last edited by CTMilller; 02-01-2024 at 05:51 PM.

Well Flying Vs are my weakness and I have a clutch of them thanks to an early interest in Wishbone Ash....
    But my favourite instrument is the superheated spear end I'm waiting to shove up Paul Warne's worthy a**e if he ever manages to get Derby County to NYS 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tokais and Takemines are always great value aren’t they? I’m not familiar with the others but the last one sounds very interesting. Do you have a link to one on sale?

My Lowden is a real joy. Bought new over 40 years ago and still in great nick. Not one of the high end Lowdens but a really sweet sound.

The handmade guitar is from this guy - the red cedar/Indian rosewood item that’s showing as the last item on his Inventory page if you’re interested. (I didn’t pay anything like the price shown; it’s a long story!)

www.cardenasguitars.com
    Wow CT, only ever seen one lowdown and it was sweet as a nut..no, don't get me wrong, as a seasoned player as I'm sure you are, you can find fault for these slimlines..they are a little sharpish on the fret edges, but iv seen a lot worse for cheap guitars, but they give you the same high end inbuilt tuner and jack and even a cellophane wrapped battery..the beauty of them is the finish..it's so slim almost as like an electric guitar..I've seen it said it's a travelling guitar, don't think I'd pay 200 quid for one but for 99.99? What's not to like...I've bought rubbish in the past for twice as much..as for the link, I'm not familiar at sending pictures to sites, only phones and laptops, otherwise I've got guitar pictures to send..I used to think gear for music were this cheap alternative but they make a few decent instruments and their shop in York is enormous with all the top brands..

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    Wow CT, only ever seen one lowdown and it was sweet as a nut..no, don't get me wrong, as a seasoned player as I'm sure you are, you can find fault for these slimlines..they are a little sharpish on the fret edges, but iv seen a lot worse for cheap guitars, but they give you the same high end inbuilt tuner and jack and even a cellophane wrapped battery..the beauty of them is the finish..it's so slim almost as like an electric guitar..I've seen it said it's a travelling guitar, don't think I'd pay 200 quid for one but for 99.99? What's not to like...I've bought rubbish in the past for twice as much..as for the link, I'm not familiar at sending pictures to sites, only phones and laptops, otherwise I've got guitar pictures to send..I used to think gear for music were this cheap alternative but they make a few decent instruments and their shop in York is enormous with all the top brands..
    P.s CT, there's a video on you tube with a lad playing the gear for music slimline electro acoustic..( I bought the natural one with mahogany back and black headstock)..

Thanks, millavanilla. I found the video and that's a cracking guitar for the money and I'd love to give it a try.

I'm quite keen on having a nylon stringed slimline electric acoustic and, while the one you're talking about appears to have steel strings, it's the style I'd be looking for.

Gear4music don't sell in the USA but I wouldn't mind taking a look at their stuff on my next UK visit (probably March/April.) Are you saying they have a shop in York? (I'll be in South Yorks for some games and will visit family in Hull so a trip to York would be on the cards.)

Thanks, millavanilla. I found the video and that's a cracking guitar for the money and I'd love to give it a try.

I'm quite keen on having a nylon stringed slimline electric acoustic and, while the one you're talking about appears to have steel strings, it's the style I'd be looking for.

Gear4music don't sell in the USA but I wouldn't mind taking a look at their stuff on my next UK visit (probably March/April.) Are you saying they have a shop in York? (I'll be in South Yorks for some games and will visit family in Hull so a trip to York would be on the cards.)
    Yes CT they have other shops as well, but you can spend a day in the one in York, I've never seen as many guitars and instruments and you can try them out too..

What’s your favourite instrument..
    The one played by the mods on another recent IBS OT thread was music to the ears!

I can’t play owt, many a time over the years I wished I had learnt to when younger though.
    Last edited by millersrus; 03-01-2024 at 09:36 AM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast