+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: OT What is your favourite instrument?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Got this guitar for £30 on ebay, in great nick and for me sounds as good as if not better than many much more expensive guitars.

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-an...ural-Satin/T3D

Quite interested in the one you mentioned Milla for my kid - is it a 3/4 smaller one for younglings?
    Oh you can't go wrong with that..they make beautiful guitars.. underrated by some, but some of their acoustic guitars can equal anything going..as for that slimline; no it's full size, 22 frets, for anybody to play, it has it's little faults, but for 100 quid? It's light, very slim, and very well made, to say they churn them out, it's a little piece of furniture and exceptionally good looking. I reckon it would be perfect for a young un too..

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    There is undoubtedly musical talent on this message board. Thank you so much for opening up about yours, Glenn. We may be brought together by a common love of the Millers but we clearly have many other things that are capable of binding us.
    I'd have thought that the real GlennMiller would have had more brass instruments

I have a lovely Taylor, similar to Glen's, but without the cut-away. Tend to gravitate towards electrics though, a PRS silver sky and Schecter Tele.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocksgloves1 View Post
    I have a lovely Taylor, similar to Glen's, but without the cut-away. Tend to gravitate towards electrics though, a PRS silver sky and Schecter Tele.
    I used to live just a few miles from the Taylor manufacturing facility and went on one of their tours. Very impressive and much of the fabrication still done by skilled craftsmen and women. Their wood storage facility was a sight to behold and one of the best bits was a roomful of Taylor guitars at the end of the tour which you could sit and try out to your hearts content!

I’m not a solid body electric player, Jocks, but your two guitars are quality. My younger daughters boyfriend has a PRS and it’s very well made.

Great thread. I have a Taylor 314 which I love. The 300 series and up is where they become solid wood back and sides and made in the US so i put my money into that as I don't need the cutaway or electrics. I also love smelling the whiff hole of a solid wood ha ha. I believe the Mexican and US factories are only a couple of hundred miles apart and Bob flits between the two quite a lot. They reckon Mexican Taylors are made in Mexico by Mexicans and the US ones are made in the US by Mexicans ha ha. Same with the Fenders.

I also have a Fender Tele in ash blonde (same as Keefs of course ha ha) and a Gibson Les Paul.

I'm fairly crap on all three but they look great hung on the wall, better than any wall art :-)
    Last edited by sota; 04-01-2024 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Great thread. I have a Taylor 314 which I love. The 300 series and up is where they become solid wood back and sides and made in the US so i put my money into that as I don't need the cutaway or electrics. I also love smelling the whiff hole of a solid wood ha ha. I believe the Mexican and US factories are only a couple of hundred miles apart and Bob flits between the two quite a lot. They reckon Mexican Taylors are made in Mexico by Mexicans and the US ones are made in the US by Mexicans ha ha. Same with the Fenders.

I also have a Fender Tele in ash blonde (same as Keefs of course ha ha) and a Gibson Les Paul.

I'm fairly crap on all three but they look great hung on the wall, better than any wall art :-)
    Let's have a photo, Sota!!

The Taylor factory in California is just outside El Cajon about 25 minutes east of San Diego and 20 miles from the Mexican border - so you may be right about the workforce!

I'm amazed that this thread has produced three of you with Taylor guitars!

I write and record a lot of songs... I woke up at 4 this morning with a great Millers football song in my head!
    Should I get up and put it down for posterity?
    Nah it's so good I'll never forget it.
    Woke up at half 8... forgotten it all!!!
    Will the Bear ever forgive me? 🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Let's have a photo, Sota!!

The Taylor factory in California is just outside El Cajon about 25 minutes east of San Diego and 20 miles from the Mexican border - so you may be right about the workforce!

I'm amazed that this thread has produced three of you with Taylor guitars!
    Name:  git 8.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  85.4 KB

I’ve also been collecting guitars for a few years , like Sota they sound better hung on the wall as opposed to when I’m playing them lol.
    At Christmas I gave my step grandchildren my Fender California fat Strat antique cream with a beautiful neck, these were interesting as Fender made them in the US between 97 and 98 but to save money sent them to Mexico for painting as the process they used was illegal in the States, after painting they were sent back to the US for assembly.
    The first decent guitar I bought was a Japanese Tokai 335 which probably still sounds the best of all through my Epiphone Blues Custom valve amp, a Rickenbacker 360 mapleglo from 1995 that is on my wall, a Gretsch G400 Jimmie Vaughan that is gorgeous , and then the 3 Gibsons , a ES339 custom shop in antique red that is my least favourite, a J185EC electric acoustic jumbo with beautiful flaming and finally one to be handed down an ES175 from 1956 (my year of manufacture as well) which may be a good investment one day.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Name:  git 8.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  85.4 KB
    Sota, looks like a nice pool in the background.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast