+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: OT What is your favourite instrument?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Sota, looks like a nice pool in the background.
    C'mon Brin - that's a Les Paul in the foreground! I see what you mean about the pool though!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    My favourite at junior school was the Dinner Bell
    Mine too.

Tele looks great Sota. Any Quo licks yet? Maybe jam with me and Cat next time you're over?

Quote Originally Posted by Jocksgloves1 View Post
    Tele looks great Sota. Any Quo licks yet? Maybe jam with me and Cat next time you're over?
    Would love that Jock. It looks better in the flesh, took me ages to find the right grain l wanted. Only Quo song I’ve tried is a crude attempt at Mystery Song ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Sota, looks like a nice pool in the background.
    Sorry about the pool. I didn’t even notice it when I quickly took the photo. Been looking at that pool for 21 years and hardly notice it most of the time. Like the windscreen wipers on a car I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by daveeed View Post
    I’ve also been collecting guitars for a few years , like Sota they sound better hung on the wall as opposed to when I’m playing them lol.
    At Christmas I gave my step grandchildren my Fender California fat Strat antique cream with a beautiful neck, these were interesting as Fender made them in the US between 97 and 98 but to save money sent them to Mexico for painting as the process they used was illegal in the States, after painting they were sent back to the US for assembly.
    The first decent guitar I bought was a Japanese Tokai 335 which probably still sounds the best of all through my Epiphone Blues Custom valve amp, a Rickenbacker 360 mapleglo from 1995 that is on my wall, a Gretsch G400 Jimmie Vaughan that is gorgeous , and then the 3 Gibsons , a ES339 custom shop in antique red that is my least favourite, a J185EC electric acoustic jumbo with beautiful flaming and finally one to be handed down an ES175 from 1956 (my year of manufacture as well) which may be a good investment one day.
    Photos, please daveed, if you have any handy!

As you say, guitars can be a good investment which adds to the pleasure of playing and enjoying them. Even my Lowden S5, which is pretty low-end by Lowden standards, has done remarkably well. I bought it for about £300 in 1982 and it would cost me about £1800 now.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Photos, please daveed, if you have any handy!

As you say, guitars can be a good investment which adds to the pleasure of playing and enjoying them. Even my Lowden S5, which is pretty low-end by Lowden standards, has done remarkably well. I bought it for about £300 in 1982 and it would cost me about £1800 now.
    Will have a go later CT , kept timing me out last night

I have a Lee Oskar harmonica played by Chris from Muse for the Knights of Cydonia encore. He actually sat and played it in the POW in Masbrough before giving it to me. Offers will be considered. Nah, not really, it's priceless :-)
    Last edited by sota; 06-01-2024 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    I have a Lee Oskar harmonica played by Chris from Muse for the Knights of Cydonia encore. He actually sat and played it in the POW in Masbrough before giving it to me. Offers will be considered. Nah, not really, it's priceless :-)
    That’s fantastic, Sota! I know you’re a massive Muse fan and that’s a hell of a keepsake! You just need one of Keef’s discarded guitar picks now! (By the way, though I’m not a dedicated follower of The Stones, like you, I have a tremendous admiration for KR and love watching him on You Tube interviews when he picks up a cheap six string acoustic and shows us how he does it!)

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    That’s fantastic, Sota! I know you’re a massive Muse fan and that’s a hell of a keepsake! You just need one of Keef’s discarded guitar picks now! (By the way, though I’m not a dedicated follower of The Stones, like you, I have a tremendous admiration for KR and love watching him on You Tube interviews when he picks up a cheap six string acoustic and shows us how he does it!)
    CT, great to expand on this thread...I've been playing for around 25 years, I didn't start till I was around 44..wished I'd started earlier ! I play quite a lot of blues stuff, but like to have a go at anything..( geetarman was blues mad)..even though I've been playing for years, I'm still new to some things, as I love most types of music..on you tube, as you well know, there's all type of guitarists and teachers..if you haven't already done, check out Rob fennagh..the best of the best for me..he's a scouser, but relatively new to you tube, had his own chart band in the eighties, (alternative radio )
    And a very good player..he's done most acoustic stuff up to now, but he's going to do some electric work as well soon..all his stuff is free, what a great guy..

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast