+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Outgoings

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Don't think we'll be keeping Gosling either.
    Nah, me neither. Praps he just doesn't fancy this level of footy? I was reminded yesterday that Bossie was no great shakes when he 1st came here and to be a bit more patient with Gosling. Thing is, you could see Bossie had a bit of class about him even though he was massively unfit, Gosling is just, well, anonymous. If we do sign him, I hope he turns into a great asset for us, but I struggle to see that happening as things stand.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Nah, me neither. Praps he just doesn't fancy this level of footy? I was reminded yesterday that Bossie was no great shakes when he 1st came here and to be a bit more patient with Gosling. Thing is, you could see Bossie had a bit of class about him even though he was massively unfit, Gosling is just, well, anonymous. If we do sign him, I hope he turns into a great asset for us, but I struggle to see that happening as things stand.
    I just don't see the long term benefit of signing him. He hasn't shown any great desire to get involved in play and has no pace. He doesn't look like a player wanting to prove a point, he looks like a player tentatively seeing how his body stands up to playing. I would be very surprised if he is here after Jan 6th.

Nah, me neither. Praps he just doesn't fancy this level of footy?
    That's my take on it. From what I've seen of him on the pitch he just wants to stroll around and show his 'class'. Trouble is that in League 2 a lesser player will pinch the ball before he gets the chance to show it! He's been a waste of a shirt from the start, and as much as I'd like to see him 'do a Bostock' and prove me wrong I just can't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That's my take on it. From what I've seen of him on the pitch he just wants to stroll around and show his 'class'. Trouble is that in League 2 a lesser player will pinch the ball before he gets the chance to show it! He's been a waste of a shirt from the start, and as much as I'd like to see him 'do a Bostock' and prove me wrong I just can't see it.
    Agree from what I have seen. The last big name player in midfield was the bloke from Forest in the Hardy era I can't even remember his name and he did exactly the same. He was a massive waste of space. Fair to say that this time the radar experiment didn't produce a result but did produce an excellent get out of jail card with a short term contract. Under previous regimes we'd have been saddled with him for 3 years or something.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Agree from what I have seen. The last big name player in midfield was the bloke from Forest in the Hardy era I can't even remember his name and he did exactly the same. He was a massive waste of space. Fair to say that this time the radar experiment didn't produce a result but did produce an excellent get out of jail card with a short term contract. Under previous regimes we'd have been saddled with him for 3 years or something.
    David Vaughan? Yes definite parallels but fortunately we've not signed Gosling permanently. At least Arter showed a couple of glimpses of class. If Gosling showed any I must've blinked - been a liability and off the pace in any appearance I've seen from him.

I think you mean Harry “ I’ve got the best fecking agent in the world who has got me the best contract ever without me even kicking a ball” Arter. As far as I know, he’s still collecting 40k a week…a fecking week, for not playing for the last two years. That’s a nice retirement fund sorted there then!

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    David Vaughan? Yes definite parallels but fortunately we've not signed Gosling permanently. At least Arter showed a couple of glimpses of class. If Gosling showed any I must've blinked - been a liability and off the pace in any appearance I've seen from him.
    Forgot about Vaughan. Omg he was a joke.
    Bet he didn’t have a contract like Arter’s though

Wouldn’t say experiment, we were bare bones in midfield and he was probably the best free agent out there on paper. I don’t think we ever saw him as long term as it’s clear we need legs in midfield going forward and plus wage demands would be silly still.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    I think you mean Harry “ I’ve got the best fecking agent in the world who has got me the best contract ever without me even kicking a ball” Arter. As far as I know, he’s still collecting 40k a week…a fecking week, for not playing for the last two years. That’s a nice retirement fund sorted there then!
    To be fair to Arter, it was his idea to approach Notts to play some football. I won't ever call someone for doing that

The difference was Bostock wasnt here off the back of a serious injury.

We gambled on Gosling as we had no choice as all we could sign were free agents and we have now signed Robertson so we'll see how he goes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast