+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: O/T Another film you just cannot turn off

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    I will ask brin see what he thinks of the film..🤣
    He will probably think it was all faked

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    O/T One to watch
    Starting now on channel 4seven....The Ten Commandments. 1956 Charlton Heston, Yul Brinner, a true classic if ever there was one.

You just need to put almost 4 hours to one side to watch it.
    Heh up, a bit of copying and pasting going off here? 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Flicking through the boring Festive TV and .....I come across 'The GodFather'.

Marlon Brando had just been shot but I was straight into it like putting on an old favourite slipper.

How does anyone else rate this trilogy of films?

I have visited Sicily where they shot a lot of the film, not on purpose but by sheer chance part of our holiday at the time.

As a footnote, I could watch this lot every year and never tire of it.

I think they ought have done a English version of " The GodFather ",

Film it in Grimsby, and call it -

" The CodFather "

I'll get mi coat,....... Taxi

Regarding The Long Good Friday, the ending with Bob Hoskins jumping in the jag, the look on his face and the music starts, classic stuff, believe the music was by George Harrison, Handmade Film been is business I think.

Quote Originally Posted by stodgy88 View Post
    Regarding The Long Good Friday, the ending with Bob Hoskins jumping in the jag, the look on his face and the music starts, classic stuff, believe the music was by George Harrison, Handmade Film been is business I think.
    Soundtrack was by Francis Monkman. George Harrison didn't get involved until after the film had been made when his company bought the rights and gave it a cinema release.

Brilliant score! As soon as you here the first few beats you're into it.

As for the ending, it's how Bob Hoskins bites his teeth together and rolls his tongue over them that leaves you thinking .....now what? What's his next move? Excellent ending.

Last edited by Brin; 02-01-2024 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Brilliant score! As soon as you here the first few beats you're into it.

As for the ending, it's how Bob Hoskins bites his teeth together and rolls his tongue over them that leaves you thinking .....now what? What's his next move? Excellent ending.
    Most directors would have cut too early.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Most directors would have cut too early.
    Fully agreed, I almost mentioned that scene when I first commented about the film.
    A work of genius.

The direction, the score the incredible piece of acting from Bob Hopkins.
    Incredible

Quote Originally Posted by MagyarMiller View Post
    Fully agreed, I almost mentioned that scene when I first commented about the film.
    A work of genius.

The direction, the score the incredible piece of acting from Bob Hopkins.
    Incredible
    The director (John McKenzie)was driving the car and giving verbal instructions to Bob Hoskins. It was muted and the loud music dubbed over for the Final Cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    The director (John McKenzie)was driving the car and giving verbal instructions to Bob Hoskins. It was muted and the loud music dubbed over for the Final Cut.
    Also it was a poor continuity shot. Bob Hoskins gets in the car seated behind the front passenger, Pierce Brosnan but, when the camera pans on to Brosnan, he's clearly pointing the gun at someone who's sat in the right hand rear seat behind the driver.

Scum will also point out that there wasn't enough room in the car for Hoskins to be in it so, just the cameraman sat behind the driver hence the final shots.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast